Home

Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC?

This is a discussion on Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Anyone know why NCAA doesnt come out on PC?

Quote:

TarHeelMan said:
For the longest time, the only sports game I played on my PC was NASCAR Racing 2003 Season... Then I had an epiphany and got MVP Baseball 2004 for the PC. Especially after seeing the trouble the console gamers were having, I'm sure I made the right choice, the game plays so smooth after some tweaking to my liking. But NCAA Football on the PC would be absolutely killer. Hopefully EA pays attention to forums and threads like these, and realize there IS a market for college PC games.

I like MVP on PC, just not as good as the console for some reason...I know it's customizable and stuff, it just feels more right to play them on a console, I can't explain it. I play other games (FPS games, City of Heroes, others) all on PC, but it's just natural for me to play them on console. Also, I like playing people online, and most people here play through Live or PS2 online, so that's a big benefit too...
Old 07-06-2004, 11:32 AM   #10
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't get this either. I'm buying just about every EA Sports games on the PC this year except NCAA. With all the fan support for the other games, I'd have thought they'd port it over already. With all the patches that could be done on the game, from the field to the cleats, it'd be the perfect college football game.

I got my gamepad, my more than capable PC, where's NCAA?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM   #11
G* Br*wns!!

Pronk's Arena

OVR: 4

Without a doubt, I would buy NCCA for PC if it was available. The ability to download mods and patches being the main reason. For example, IMHO the only playable version of MVP baseball this season was the PC version due to the patch fixes...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #12
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

hjb1 said:
Without a doubt, I would buy NCCA for PC if it was available. The ability to download mods and patches being the main reason. For example, IMHO the only playable version of MVP baseball this season was the PC version due to the patch fixes...

I too would buy it for PC in a heartbeat. I would still, of course, buy it for console. The main reason I would buy it for PC is the abillity to keep track of stats easier. I would also like the fact that doing screenshots and recordings would be alot easier. It would also have the abillity to take advantage of top of the line graphics hardware with the chance at some pretty awesome affects.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:15 PM   #13
Rookie

worldwearyeyes's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone want to buy my copy of NCAA '99 for the PC for $49.99?!
Old 07-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #14
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

worldwearyeyes said:

i think NCAA was still using sprites (rather than polygonal players) back in '99, ugh
Old 07-06-2004, 01:37 PM   #15
Rookie

worldwearyeyes's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

mgoblue said:
Quote:

worldwearyeyes said:

i think NCAA was still using sprites (rather than polygonal players) back in '99, ugh

Yeah, it's not very pretty. The only thing I loved about the '99 PC that isn't in any of the console versions is that when you got fired or promoted, there was a very short list of teams that will hire you (3-5), not every team in your prestige range. '04 corrected that a little bit, but it was still ridiculous how many teams offered you a job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

jjonesAU said:
Just something to think about, if there was a PC version, we could add songs to be played during games (NHL 2001 had this feature), which means i could hear Auburn's real fight song, not to mention other AUMB classics. I think I would make the switch if they would do it, but i doubt it will ever happen.

Will the XBox version allow you to play songs during games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »