Home

Accelerated Clock

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 18
Accelerated Clock

Will NCAA 2005 have an accelerated clock to speed up the game. If it does I will buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Accelerated Clock

What difference would that make? If you want shorter games, play shorter quarters. Why do you need a faster clock?
Old 07-10-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
Rookie

So that I can play 15 min quarters and not have 2 hrs games.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #4
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm failing to see the point of the accelerated clock also, but maybe it's better when the clock is like hockey.

-AS
Old 07-10-2004, 11:58 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

The problem is that an accelerated clock isn't very applicable to college sports. The playclock for the pro game is 45 seconds, whereas it is only 25 seconds in college football. By the time you choose you play and check the defense, the play clock should already be down to about 10 seconds. How much further can it be accelrated from that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

ronin said:

What difference does it make whether the clock says "5:00" or "15:00" at the top? Either way, you're playing about an hour, and you're still playing 5 minute quarters.

In fact, I hate accelerated clocks, because it makes it difficult to realize exactly how much time you have to do things. I'd rather stick to the regular clock so when it says 10 seconds, I know I have time for two plays before half, and I don't need a calculator to decide.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Aaenuel said:
The problem is that an accelerated clock isn't very applicable to college sports. The playclock for the pro game is 45 seconds, whereas it is only 25 seconds in college football. By the time you choose you play and check the defense, the play clock should already be down to about 10 seconds. How much further can it be accelrated from that?

Thank you Aaenuel for your information. I haven't played the NCAA football games and I was not familiar with colleage football rules.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

MFootball said:
Quote:

ronin said:

What difference does it make whether the clock says "5:00" or "15:00" at the top? Either way, you're playing about an hour, and you're still playing 5 minute quarters.

In fact, I hate accelerated clocks, because it makes it difficult to realize exactly how much time you have to do things. I'd rather stick to the regular clock so when it says 10 seconds, I know I have time for two plays before half, and I don't need a calculator to decide.

The accelerated clock in Madden, and that he is asking for in NCAA isn't like it is in hockey. In Madden 1 second is still 1 second. The only difference is that after you choose your play, it automatically runs the play clock down to 20 seconds, and if the game clock was running, that gets run down too. So it makes it like a real game by having you take more of the 40 seconds of the play clock before you run a play, and saves time by automatically running down half of those 40 seconds.

But as someone else said, with a 25 second play clock, you can't really do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »