Home

New to NCAA series few questions

This is a discussion on New to NCAA series few questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: New to NCAA series few questions

Quote:

JCASHDAKID said:
So where should I go to get the names and jersey numbers for colleges.

EDIT ALSO Does anyone know which colleges run the 3-3-5 and what other new defenses did they add

I don't know of anyone who runs a base 3-3-5. That would literally be suicide. A 3-3-5 is just a variation of the typical nickel, but rather than having 4-2-5, you have only three down linemen.

95% of schools run a base 4-3, and there are a handful that run the base 3-4. Other than that, no one runs it with regularity as their primary defense. Sometimes people will set the 3-3-5 as a gameplan to counteract mid-range passing games. That's why you create your playbook, it's all on you.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

3-3-5 can be run as a base D. You just make 3 of the 5 as big safeties and blitz with at least one of em every play.

also, you can get the names from one of the national CF preseason guide such as TSN.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:48 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

TexasRenegade said:
3-3-5 can be run as a base D. You just make 3 of the 5 as big safeties and blitz with at least one of em every play.

also, you can get the names from one of the national CF preseason guide such as TSN.

Does anyone actually do this? If so, I'm not familiar with them.

Having three big safeties isn't really usual personnel, so I doubt anyone runs it with regularity. Also, it would depend on where you play. You'll never see a base 3-3-5 in the mid-west, but you could possibly in the Pac 10. Not only from style of play, but also because fair weather may favor a finese-styled game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 05:51 PM   #12
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

LPU said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

3. you can but not during the dynasty or season.. only at the main menu when you go into Features and you have to save the roster after you do that.

I thought you could during dynasty. I know during the offseason you can create new recuits, but about guys on your team, your right I think its done before you start a dynasty.

yea you can create recruits but there is no guarantee that theyll come to your school... TRUST ME!

Yeah. One thing about creating recuits, wish you could pick their three schools they are intersted in.

Then you would have people creating amazing recruits and putting their school as #1 on their list. But I guess if they find that fun...
Old 07-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

JCASHDAKID said:
I think I'm going to do all the rosters by hand since I don't have money for a meomory card or xport I do have xbox live tho but I don't think that will do me any good.

Dunno if u have any extra games but if u do trade in one for a used memory card and send it off.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:59 PM   #14
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

K911 said:
Quote:

JCASHDAKID said:
I think I'm going to do all the rosters by hand since I don't have money for a meomory card or xport I do have xbox live tho but I don't think that will do me any good.

Dunno if u have any extra games but if u do trade in one for a used memory card and send it off.

Or better yet.....an X-port/Shark-port!
Old 07-10-2004, 07:01 PM   #15
Rookie

Dynasty is pretty much a Madden franchise with scouting and recruiting players instead of drafting players like in Madden. Also you get to make your upcoming schedule to insure that you play good teams to help rankings. Thats bout all I got.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2004, 07:16 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

JCASHDAKID said:

Dude I would just take whatever little money I had and get an X-port or Sharkport. It'll pay for itself in this case trust me. I started doing all my names in 2002 and it was brutal. I'd sit there forever and never even got through all the teams.

It really is horrendous, or if you have two or three freinds you all could just take turns on doing them, but its still tough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »