Home

...and the game's sleeper best QB is....

This is a discussion on ...and the game's sleeper best QB is.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2004, 10:43 AM   #9
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: ...and the game\'s sleeper best QB is....

Oh man, that is a shame. Reid is good, but he's only arguably in the top ten amongst this year's freshman qb class. I'm proud of him for leading his school to the Texas state championship, but he was not even close to being the best HS QB in the state -- Rhett Bomar of Oklahoma is one of the best QB prospects to come out of Texas in a decade. And what about Stephen McGee? That's just Texas, forget the dozen or so other incoming freshmen signal callers who could lay claim to being a better prospect. And I like Reid.

90 THP? Reid's arm is good, but not that good. The funny thing is that if anything, it's his AWR that should be high. And 85 catch? Ahh, ratings inflation.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

From what I have seen of both Reid is better than McGee. I guess it doesn't matter, because we won't really know for sure until next year or the year after.

I think one of the reasons Reid is rated so high is because he dazzled everyone at EA's Elite 11 QB Camp. Nobody expected him to do as well as he did, and he came away from the camp with the outstanding player award I believe.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:47 AM   #11
Rookie

can somebody take a look at penn state's freshman qb (morelli). he should have a cannon. i can't see anybody being deeper at qb than psu....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
Rookie

Kase's Arena

OVR: 3

Yea it would be nice to know Morelli's ratings to help me decide if I should move Robinson to a different position for next year once Mills is gone.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #13
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

TheBoredGuy said:
From what I have seen of both Reid is better than McGee. I guess it doesn't matter, because we won't really know for sure until next year or the year after.

I think one of the reasons Reid is rated so high is because he dazzled everyone at EA's Elite 11 QB Camp. Nobody expected him to do as well as he did, and he came away from the camp with the outstanding player award I believe.

Ahhh, that would explain it. I would actually agree that it's possible, even likely, that Reid will be a better college qb than McGee. But it sure isn't a certainty, and Reid certainly is not the most gifted young QB in the land. But if you want to light up a combine, and you want it to show up in NCAA 2005, I guess that's the one you want to do it at.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Morgan's Arena

OVR: 1

anyone know any of the ratings for the new texas tech Qbs Robert Johnson or Graham Harrell, harrell should be good in the game, he was on eas all-american team as the QB, thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

i wonder if they finally gave the Cowboys their correct Nike jerseys and whether or not they fixed the layout of their field turf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

WDaniel said:
i wonder if they finally gave the Cowboys their correct Nike jerseys and whether or not they fixed the layout of their field turf.

Their turf has been correct in the last two years I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »