Home

XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: XBox or PS2...which do you think is better overall for NCAA 2005

Quote:

mgoblue said:
it may sound stupid, but I like just logging on with my XBL Gamertag...I don't have to worry about figuring out what BK's EA tag is, and re-input everyone in my friends list for just one game online. Also I like being able to play another game (if it's live aware) and get invites to NCAA...I found with PS2 online that if I didn't want to play a random (which I really dislike doing) then I'd have to schedule something. Plus load times on PS2 are annoying, drove me nuts on MVP.

I do also like the ability to go to the XBL website and see exactly who's online and playing NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:32 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Boom said:
Yeah, 2004 did run very well. If they get 2005 to that standard I'll have no problems with the network performance at all.

2004 on the PS2 was pretty smooth. But I definitely notice better response and better performance on XBL. Not to mention better voice quality.

It's interesting that you would cite voice quality as a virtue of XBL when all the people I played in NCAA 2004 consistently commented on how much clearer and louder the chat was than on XBL.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:33 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Boom said:
Yeah, 2004 did run very well. If they get 2005 to that standard I'll have no problems with the network performance at all.

2004 on the PS2 was pretty smooth. But I definitely notice better response and better performance on XBL. Not to mention better voice quality.

WOW! I've noticed just the opposite about the voice quality. I get crystal clear voice chat through playing online with the PS2, but all of my XBL games the voiced chat sounds muddled.

Wonder if my mic or something is jacked up. I made a comment about the poor quality of the voice chat while playing a friend the other night in ESPN and he said he heard me fine. I just blew him off. Must be something on my end.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I do also like the ability to go to the XBL website and see exactly who's online and playing NCAA.

You can do that on EA's site.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

mgoblue said:
it may sound stupid, but I like just logging on with my XBL Gamertag...I don't have to worry about figuring out what BK's EA tag is, and re-input everyone in my friends list for just one game online. Also I like being able to play another game (if it's live aware) and get invites to NCAA...I found with PS2 online that if I didn't want to play a random (which I really dislike doing) then I'd have to schedule something. Plus load times on PS2 are annoying, drove me nuts on MVP.

You can do that as well for NCAA (or all EA Sports Games) on PS2. When you got to the EA Sports Nation website, you can bring up a popop box that will show you your EA Messenger List and who is online and what they're playing.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

FGOmik said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Boom said:

It's interesting that you would cite voice quality as a virtue of XBL when all the people I played in NCAA 2004 consistently commented on how much clearer and louder the chat was than on XBL.

thats funny everyone I ever played from OS,DSP,SR said this is great when referring to playing 2004 online, but imagine how good it would be on XBL. Not just in voice quality but in overall online performance.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #31
Rookie

It probably is a wash when you lay it all out there. It just breaks down to user preference and nobody is wrong there. Just depends on what you like and are more comforatable with.

sorry about taking this thread slighly OT. My bad fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

Boom said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

mgoblue said:

You can do that as well for NCAA (or all EA Sports Games) on PS2. When you got to the EA Sports Nation website, you can bring up a popop box that will show you your EA Messenger List and who is online and what they're playing.

Oh that's right. I do remember that now. I totally forgot about that ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »