Home

recruiting athletes is awesome!!

This is a discussion on recruiting athletes is awesome!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:31 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: recruiting athletes is awesome!!

I just got myself a potential diamond in the rough. The kid's 6'2" 190 lbs. Runs a 4.24 40, 42" vertical, and A+ hands. He was a 3 star ATH that'll be my next star WR at Maryland.

Recruiting is definitely better than last year. Not one single school in got more than 2 blue chippers. FSU had the top class, bringing in 1 five star player and 10 4 star players.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Make sure to check the ATH position when recruiting! You'll find some steals in there. I moved that 3 star kid to WR and he's a 74 overall as a FR.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #11
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Are you guys just fooling with Recruiting and waiting to start a REAL Dynasty once Rosters are out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Are you guys just fooling with Recruiting and waiting to start a REAL Dynasty once Rosters are out?

That's exactly what I'm doing. I played two games as Maryland in a dynasty then simmed the rest of the season to get a feel for recruiting.

My REAL dynasty won't start til all these suckers are named.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:37 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:

Sully said:
Recruiting is definitely better than last year. Not one single school in got more than 2 blue chippers. FSU had the top class, bringing in 1 five star player and 10 4 star players.

Ive got a question, could you tell me what the ratings were for the 4 stars, I mean were they in the same ratings range they were last year (mostly mid 70s as FR.) or are they improved to make up for the lack of 150 5 star players this year? I would hope that they remain the same as that would make it a lot more realistic, as in real life it's pretty rare that you have a true freshman who is a star right out of the gate, although there definitely are some exceptions (Mike William, Clarett, Chris Leak).
Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

willdtarheeler said:
Quote:

Sully said:

Ive got a question, could you tell me what the ratings were for the 4 stars, I mean were they in the same ratings range they were last year (mostly mid 70s as FR.) or are they improved to make up for the lack of 150 5 star players this year? I would hope that they remain the same as that would make it a lot more realistic, as in real life it's pretty rare that you have a true freshman who is a star right out of the gate, although there definitely are some exceptions (Mike William, Clarett, Chris Leak).

They seem to be in the 70s for the most part. I signed a MLB who's a 4 star. He's a 73 OVR as a FR.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

bussiejr said:
man this game is so sweet
i was recruiting a two star athlete, 6'4", 228 with 4.44 speed.
i thought i found a project wr/te because he also had a good vertical and great hands.
well after i had him i went to change positions and he was a 68 OVR athlete
he had great tackling(84) and for some reason 82thp and 76 tha (i think..)
well anyways, i ended up changing him into a pass rushing RE at a 84 OVR as a freshman
that's frickin awesome!!!!
talk about finding a diamond in the rough

Yeah I did the same thing I took an ATH, 6'3 220 4.32 and benched 380 and made him a great speed rusher 87 overall at DE.

Then I love positon changes taking safeties and coverting them to OLB I building a speed defense and eventhough my 5-star FS went from 83-70 on the swith he's at 91 overall as a junior and has 94 speed, 76 strength and 91 for tackles.
The next Derrick Brooks???

By far those are my favorite new things in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »