Home

I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

This is a discussion on I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 03:07 PM   #33
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I FIGURE OUT THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM(ITS FIXABLE)

Quote:

8bit said:
for you guys with hd tv's, turn off widescreen mode on ur xbox settings!!!!!! Thats whats screwing it up!!!!!!!!

I have a HDTV and I don't use the widescreen setting and mine still looks like they were running in quicksand. This was on the NCAA camera view, but after I changed it to CLASSIC, it ran much better
Old 07-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, this ridiculous. This slowdown really appears to be hurting my ability to hit the holes after the handoff
Old 07-13-2004, 03:09 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

quietcool72 said:
Quote:

AirLobo23 said:
Quote:

quietcool72 said:
Careful though- before we go celebrating. I know there's many people having this problem who aren't running HDTVs!!!

don't say something like this unless you can back it up...are you specifically having the problem? I witnessed this with my own eyes...the game runs soo smooth now..no hiccups at all, where i was getting many hiccups when i had widescreen enabled..

No- but the co/founder for my site (www.consolefootball.com) is reviewing the damn thing on a NON HDTV without the setting you are talking about, and its a slide-show on XBOX (I just got off the phone with him). I'm doing reviewing the PS2 version, but also own an XBOX.

That person would be me!

The game is slowing down a ton for me. It's similar to playing a game online and having tons of lag!

It's ridiculous, so when i get home tonight I will try to play with the settings, but i doubt it will work.

I did notice that the slowdown isn't as apparent when playing in domes. I used Minnesota for a game and didn't experience any slowdown.

If this widescreen stuff doesn't work i'm taking it back and getting the PS2 version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 03:18 PM   #36
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

Folks, I just rebooted my XBOX in normal mode while still in 480p.

The difference is amazing. the speed seems almost to be that of last years game to me. I have only ran 2 plays...but there is a huge difference. The players arent distorded either on my TV--I just put it on "widezoom" setting (the TV).

Its weird though...it almost seems "too fast" lol. The last option I ran I was like WHOA!

edit-I guess which staduim you are playin in might have something to do with it. This is my first time at Illinois, so that might have something to do with it running smoother.

And I think people have a different interpretation of "slowdown". The overall speed is slower than last year--this is not slowdown. If the speed fluctuates between smooth and choppy, then this is slowdown. So far, I have not seen mine change from smooth to choppy.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:28 PM   #37
MVP

Yeah, i'm talking about changes in speed and the game being choppy. I don't care if the game plays a little slower, but it gets annoying when you go into the Matrix "bullet time" effect while running the ball or returning a kick or, hell, even throwing the ball.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #38
Rookie

Feld's Arena

OVR: 1

Better yet it's not even the widescreen problem. It's the HDTV kit (component input that's messing it up). I'm not even in widescreen mode because I have a non-hdtv and it's slow. I'm going to use the normal AV plugs now and see how it goes.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #39
MVP

Well, i use an S-video cable to hook my XBOX up and i still get slowdown.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #40
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

I also have a non-HD Sony WEGA, and taking the Xbox off of widescreen mode solved the problem for me. But I was sure used to how nice widescreen mode looked. I guess when they fixed the Xbox slowdown post-E3, they didn't fix it in widescreen mode.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »