Home

EA Servers

This is a discussion on EA Servers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #25
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA Servers

Quote:

TexanWolverine said:
I can't get on, so for awhile I thought it was just me.

Ditto that. Almost called EA too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2004, 10:13 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA Servers

Wow, gotta hand it to EA. They've clearly demonstrated that Microsoft's desire to keep games on their servers and the XBL infrastructure under their control was a bad idea. After all, online games should be difficult to launch, like back in 1998. I'm just disappointed EA didn't make me manually enter the IP Address of my opponent. Online play done right should require hours of work, frustration and repeat attempts. It'll make you appreciate the game more, and it's like practice to the pros. If it's in the game, it's in the game. Now, if only I could play the game. Great job EA, a superb debut with the largest online community in the world!

I honestly am blown away by this. After all, you've got 'pent up' demand for 3 years as people have anticipated this partnership. You've got a much publicized debate between MS and EA over the 'right' way to do online gaming. You've got an online community that exceeds 1 million gamers who are at the very least curious what EA might have to offer on XBL.

And you deliver the nightmare of online gaming: nothing!

It's not as though EA couldn't have anticipated a high server load on the launch?

EA fought MS over the implementation of XBL and online games, claiming publicly that there reasoning was for the good of the gamer (so you can get features customized to each title, without a homogynized 'guardian' service). In reality, EA wanted direct access to your credit card and wallet and didn't want to share any coin with MS. The best thing they could do was to demonstrate that they were right. Instead, they've delivered solid proof that the online infrastructure is best handled by the console maker. BIG BUSINESS MISTAKE, EA.

If only I could return this steaming pile of turd to demonstrate my disgust.

Yes, I know they'll have the problems worked out soon enough. I know they do have some innovative features built into their online approach. But I also know that this is an embarrassing debut and an insult to the Xbox Live community.

Sign me up for ESPN 2k5.

EA, you lost me at "hello". You lost me at "hello".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »