Home

Possible way for a future NCAA title?

This is a discussion on Possible way for a future NCAA title? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #9
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Possible way for a future NCAA title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
If EA, or 2K did do a collegiate game they could just as easily create a "fake" (not necessarily generic) roster. Sorta like Blitz: The League. The rosters were set but they were totally unique players. They even got kinda cute by naming some players after NFL stars. I still remember that beast receiver T.O Moss. Of course EA wouldn't go anywhere near that. But I would like to see them doing what 2K did. The collegiate players were all generic, but they look real, and they are numbered sequentially. Some teams had low single digit numbers in order, while some had players numbered between like 20 and 30.
I agree 100%, I was just theorizing a fool-proof way they could make things happen without any slippery slopes.

A fake roster would be the best way, and while they wouldn't do what they did with O'Bannon, Tebow, et al (same height, weight, race, skin tone, handedness, features, number, etc) - they would be leery of any accidental likenesses while players are prevented from being compensated.

After reading up a bit, and discovering this article:

EA SPORTS' NCAA FOOTBALL GAME WILL BE BACK IF THE NCAA LOSES IN COURT

I think it's more-so that we're in a holding pattern, & EA is waiting to see if the NCAA wins or loses(again) in court.

Here's a few quotes from the article:

Quote:
O'Bannon is often blamed for the cancellation of NCAA video games, but he had no issues with using player NILs for commercial purposes. He simply felt it was unfair for those same players to not get a financial cut when everyone else was making money. The NCAA feels differently, and it's the association's intransigence on amateurism that's leaving gamers out in the cold.
Quote:
Kessler is hellbent on changing the NCAA system, and he's widely regarded as arguably the best sports antitrust attorney in the country. Although his case has yet to go to trial, college administrators in a recent CBS poll named him the sixth most influential person in college sports.

If Kessler wins, gamers win. And if you don't want to root for an attorney, you can root for Nigel Hayes, the fun-loving star of the University of Wisconsin basketball team who joined the Kessler suit—officially named the Jenkins suit for Clemson University football player Martin Jenkins—as a plaintiff.

One of the keys for Kessler will be to prove that there is a market for paying athletes. He will undoubtedly call an EA Sports executive to the stand to explain just how much they'd be happy to pay players to bring back the game. The more EA Sports wants the game back, and the more it shares that view at an eventual trial, the better.
We just have to wait, and hope it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »