Home

Making dynasty mode feel more organic

This is a discussion on Making dynasty mode feel more organic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #81
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Making dynasty mode feel more organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I built a mod of sorts that does a few things to help bring my dynasty to life:

- re-assigns numbers to incoming freshman to fit actual college number norms because the game auto-assigns numbers based on the NFL convention rather than the NCAA convention. It also allows your team to have more of the same number as long as they play different sides of the ball

- repairs duplicate names in recruiting database: no more players named "Scott Scott" for example

- random chance that a generated recruit is given a suffix, i.e. II, III, Jr, etc

- random chance that a generated recruit is given a hypenated last name, i.e. Pierre-Paul

- better draft declaration system since I always have a bunch of ~99 overall players sticking around forever otherwise. The logic Ibhave for this in my app is customizable, but by default, SO(RS) will declare if they are in the top 96 (first three rounds) of draft-eligible, non K/P's, True JRs will declare if they are in the top 160 (top 5 rounds) and JR(RS)s will declare if they are in the top 224 (round 7). This makes roster management for CPU and user controlled teams alike more realistic - otherwise by year 3 of your dynasty virtually every starter on every team is a JR(RS) or SR(RS).

- recruit awareness normalization: brings recruit awareness ratings up in line with true freshmen in the default roster - you'll see more underclassmen getting time this way

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
How did you do that? It's a file?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2017, 10:51 PM   #82
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
How did you do that? It's a file?

It's an application - I haven't published it online yet, but I am planning on doing it soon once I have the time.

It relies on using the Dynasty editor to first export the recruit/roster file (depending on which of the above tasks you're doing) as a CSV file. Then you upload the CSV file to the app, check which mods you want to run on the file, and then re-download the modified CSV and stick it back into your dynasty file using the editor.

It's a bit tricky and that's why I haven't published it online yet - I still need to develop some more in-depth instructions for how to use it.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #83
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
It's an application - I haven't published it online yet, but I am planning on doing it soon once I have the time.

It relies on using the Dynasty editor to first export the recruit/roster file (depending on which of the above tasks you're doing) as a CSV file. Then you upload the CSV file to the app, check which mods you want to run on the file, and then re-download the modified CSV and stick it back into your dynasty file using the editor.

It's a bit tricky and that's why I haven't published it online yet - I still need to develop some more in-depth instructions for how to use it.

If you post it here, I'll definitely check it out

Old 10-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #84
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Yes please share that for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #85
Rookie

I’m also really interested in these modifications. To have more control over who goes to the draft and gets imported into madden if possible. The rest of this thread is awesome too.

One thing I would like to add is to make some coaches become position gurus. You can make any coach a guru but I create coaches and let the cpu take control of them.

So I’ll create a DC who used to be my “LB coach” but is now getting a gig as a DC elsewhere. Boost the positional skills of most LBs on the current roster and recruits once they’re signed, maybe making a diamond in the rough recruit that my guy saw as better than their the 2 star label. The increases vary to reflect their responsiveness to the new coach, even decreasing the AWR of a player who doesn’t fit in with the DC and raising the AWR of a LB to make sure they’re the Def. CPT.

The goal is to have my coaching tree spread through the nation, generating exceptional talent at various positions, maybe they’ll stay at a single school for awhile and be LB U like how UGA is tailback U irl right now. Of course this is all increasing my own legacy too. I sound very vain saying it like that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 AM   #86
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:

As a programmer myself, I'm interested to know what language you wrote this application in? I'd love to take a look at your work whenever you do publish it if you wouldn't mind me taking a look under-the-hood at the source code.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #87
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
As a programmer myself, I'm interested to know what language you wrote this application in? I'd love to take a look at your work whenever you do publish it if you wouldn't mind me taking a look under-the-hood at the source code.
I wrote it using Shiny - which is an extension of the R language, if you hadn't heard about it. I did this in part just because I was learning Shiny and it was a cool project idea.

I'm hoping I have time this weekend to make a proper tutorial and host it online, and at that time I'll happily post the code along with it.

I have some ideas for future enhancements I'd love some help with - like grad tranfers, suspensions for example.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #88
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

I’ve never heard of Shiny or R so that will be fun to look at. I have done most of my coding in C#, been learning a lot of JavaScript this last year and some C++ a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »