Home

you have to run the ball

This is a discussion on you have to run the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
you have to run the ball

Everyone complaining about the passing game you HAVE to run the ball.
I played florida@tennessee I was florida. The first time i played this game i got rocked 42-7.'
Unfortunately the game froze so I wasnt able to save it in my Dynasty so i had to play it over.
Well I changed my game plan around and started running the ball it made a world of difference.
It was a defensive battle until I broke one with the running back. After that play I scored on a bomb to close the half and tie it 7-7. In the second half I did more of the same running wearing the defense down. What this does is make the computer play more man to man which lossens up the coverage. Another thing hit the running backs out of the backfield when the wideouts are covered.

This the most realistic gmae of football Ive ever played.
Well.......until I get ESPN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: you have to run the ball

the run sets up the pass, wow you dont say
Old 07-16-2004, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah it sounds like common sense but i get the feeling alot of people are just throwing everydown. totaly forgetting about the running game. there is some real strategy that goes in this game not just some plays that trick the AI
Old 07-16-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

well for people who pass every down, then bitch about the passing, i hope they struggle forever and hate the game because of their own stupidity.

just my 2 cents
Old 07-16-2004, 06:59 PM   #5
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the point is that this FACT of football is fully implemented into the game-that if you remain patient and run the ball, you can pass easier, but if you go June Jones you'll have trouble.

Me, I run all the time anyway, so no diff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #6
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

yep, the mad bombers are doomed on this game. key to the passing game is setting it up with the run, passing on running downs, playactions, boots, screens, draws, etc., and finding the open man. on '04, i'd play people whose whole game was running 4-5 plays outta shotgun and winging it deep, but that crap don't fly no more, and that's what the fun n gunners are mad about.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:22 PM   #7
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Agreed. Played against a guy using Georgia, he attempted maybe 5 rushes the whole game, with 40+ attempted passes and ended up going 7-40.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

simgameonly said:
well for people who pass every down, then bitch about the passing, i hope they struggle forever and hate the game because of their own stupidity.

just my 2 cents

I couldn't agree with you more! I've always been an 80% run 2% pass player, the rest of the time I throw incompletions...heh heh...

Then again playing as Nebraska I'd be stupid to try to pass all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »