Home

Is PS4 worth it????

This is a discussion on Is PS4 worth it???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is PS4 worth it????

Sorry, didn't know where to post this thread .. I mostly play NCAA but since there may not be another version made for a while I am debating on buying a PS4 and play Madden more. Are the graphics and game worth it?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Is PS4 worth it????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo106822
Sorry, didn't know where to post this thread .. I mostly play NCAA but since there may not be another version made for a while I am debating on buying a PS4 and play Madden more. Are the graphics and game worth it?

Thanks!
I like both games. Go for it
Old 04-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Thanks!
Once they announced that they weren't going to do another NCAA for the foreseeable future, I decided that PS3 was going to be my last console. My wife decided otherwise and got me a PS4 for Christmas a couple years ago but I still have my PS3 solely for NCAA and still play it. I don't find Madden to be a "system-seller" where I would devote myself entirely to just that. There are some great games for PS4 though and I'm not at all disappointed that I have one.

I should also mention that I'm becoming more of a Coach Mode guy as I get older. Madden can sorta do it but not quite as well as NCAA.

So, IMO, if you're adding a PS4, go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you're replacing the PS3 with a PS4, I'd be more likely to encourage you to find some way to give it a try first. I still like NCAA better even if the graphics do look/feel their age compared to Madden 16 on PS4.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #4
MVP

If you're only going to play Madden then it just depends on if Madden is worth $450 to you. To me it wouldn't be, and with how the last few maddens have been (franchise mode just isn't fun anymore) this'll probably be the first year I don't buy at release unless they announce something that really grabs me. There are a lot of good sports games for PS4 though so if you're into basketball/UFC/baseball at all it might be worth the investment.

One thing though, there may be a newer model coming out this year, so you may want to wait until they announce it officially to see if you want that or the current one. It also might push the price of current models down as people trade in to get the new one.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Thanks!
What I can tell you is that this year's Madden was a huge step forward in terms of gameplay. The dev team is supposedly making the franchise mode a major focus for M17. I'd suggest holding-off and seeing how well M17 is received and then deciding whether or not to pull the trigger.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #6
Rookie

JDRAKE349's Arena

OVR: 0

As someone who has owned both Xbox 360 & PS3 as well as PS4 and Xbox One, it really really really depends on what you're looking for. I can't stand Madden's franchise mode anymore literally own a 360 just to play NCAA. Echoing what others have said, both new-gen systems have terrific titles, but if you're looking to replace NCAA, do your homework and give it a try first! Madden couldn't take NCAA's place for me.
Portland Trailblazers
UMaine Black Bears (Alma Mater)
Old 05-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #7
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAKE349
As someone who has owned both Xbox 360 & PS3 as well as PS4 and Xbox One, it really really really depends on what you're looking for. I can't stand Madden's franchise mode anymore literally own a 360 just to play NCAA. Echoing what others have said, both new-gen systems have terrific titles, but if you're looking to replace NCAA, do your homework and give it a try first! Madden couldn't take NCAA's place for me.
Agreed. Madden is solid, but it cannot replace NCAA. I have a PS4 for MLB the Show, which is the same reason I had a PS3. I kick myself all the time for selling my 360, I gonna have to make that right sometime soon. Even though the game is 3 years old now, I miss the enjoyment of NCAA- there's a big hole in my gaming, especially in the fall, and Madden cannot fill it.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
Rookie

I am with you all on that, nothing can replace NCAA. I didn't get a PS4 or Xbox1 since they quit making NCAA, that is what I mostly play. I used to play Madden a lot too and I have recently got back into playing it. I want a new system for the new Madden this summer but I don't know which one would be the better buy, PS4 or Xobx1?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »