Home

Is there a way to recover lost PS2 files?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to recover lost PS2 files? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #1
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6
Is there a way to recover lost PS2 files?

I doubt its possible, but is there ANY way to recover deleted files from a PS2 memory card? I don't know how but I went to delete a dynasty file for NCAA Football 09 and my FBS roster file is gone too. I know I only deleted one file so I'm a little at a loss for why its gone too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there a way to recover lost PS2 files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
I doubt its possible, but is there ANY way to recover deleted files from a PS2 memory card? I don't know how but I went to delete a dynasty file for NCAA Football 09 and my FBS roster file is gone too. I know I only deleted one file so I'm a little at a loss for why its gone too.
you could try this but you will need a usb memory card adapter for pc
http://www.easeus.com/format-recover...mory-card.html

(i've never done this before nor have the cable)
Old 05-06-2016, 02:41 AM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I might have the FBS roster if you get desperate and want to mail me your memory card

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 05-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

Unhappy Re: Is there a way to recover lost PS2 files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I might have the FBS roster if you get desperate and want to mail me your memory card
Thanks, but it wouldn't be the quite the same. This is an FBS roster that I've been editing and tweaking off and on for years since I first got the game. I could honestly say that I have put in a good bit time working with every single team. creating new players, removing players that never saw action on the field, changing impact players, fixing depth charts, correcting player equipment and appearances. Its just a lot of stuff that I don't think I'd have the drive to attempt to do all of that again.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Thanks, but it wouldn't be the quite the same. This is an FBS roster that I've been editing and tweaking off and on for years since I first got the game. I could honestly say that I have put in a good bit time working with every single team. creating new players, removing players that never saw action on the field, changing impact players, fixing depth charts, correcting player equipment and appearances. Its just a lot of stuff that I don't think I'd have the drive to attempt to do all of that again.
Sorry! I read your PM but was busy at work and forgot to reply to it. I'll just post my reply here for future users:

yep, if you have an extracted csv file you should be good.

Just pull a saved roster out from your ps2. Then follow the instructions in the NCAA PS2 modding sticky in the Rosters forum that I posted.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-ps2-ncaa.html

you need Madden DB Editor, the saved file (BASLUSXXXXX), and you should be good.

Basically, you open the save file in DB Editor, load the PLAY table, then import the play csv file you had before. Save and reload. If you have depth charts, you can reload that too. I found that you get errors if you try to import Team data into roster saves for ps2.

If you need help, you can send me files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #6
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

btw, let me know if you want me to import the 2015-16 roster to NCAA 09 too. I just picked it up for a buck at the store just to try it out but I'm 1.5 years into my dynasty in 06 now and having a blast
Old 05-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #7
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

I had extracted a copy of my save back in January to try to mess around with editing, but ultimately gave up on it. I thought I had deleted everything but I still have the csv file and another I found on my Microsoft OneDrive page named BASLUS-21752RFeb22nd with no file extension.

Would those be enough to recreate my old save file?
Old 05-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #8
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
I had extracted a copy of my save back in January to try to mess around with editing, but ultimately gave up on it. I thought I had deleted everything but I still have the csv file and another I found on my Microsoft OneDrive page named BASLUS-21752RFeb22nd with no file extension.

Would those be enough to recreate my old save file?
Yes! there's no file extension on the save. I think my tutorial was written incorrectly and mixed up ps3/ps2 file names -- I'll fix it!

So that BASLUS file is your roster!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »