Home

Percent Possibility of new NCAA

This is a discussion on Percent Possibility of new NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Percent Possibility of new NCAA

i say between 2022 and 2024 more toward 2024

and it might be where

schools go by their town name and no logo

we need to hope teambuilder wouild be in or it couild be low sales
Old 05-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #10
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

here what i would do if handed the keys to ncaa football

try to add all 1-a and 1-aa teams maybe a few d 2 and d 3 teams as well

tell my rosters guys either just add numbers and let the people fill names

add names for school players that ok it expect fresh

or add names but mess up hometown appearance ht wet

take away roster share to try and save teambuilder

instead of added 12 team builder spots put in 150

on the field not too much to mess with just make it like a cross between NCAA 06 and NCAA 14 i would add a sping game

a wrap up show 4 teams instead of 1

A Team Folwer Heb Ponder
B Team Musberger palmer taylor SEC
C Team Verne Danelson Lafroce CBS
D Team breannan C Davis FOX

Halftime Folwer Heb Howard

Heisman trophy show ETC

oh 1 more thing as u know reciting is the lifeblood well if u coach Bama Fsu ND Tex etc a 5 star or above u get access to about 99 % of recuits

if u coach at non power 5 or lose a lot let say u are E Mich SJSU u get Access to about 5 % of recuits

but if u win 7 games at ND u are fired if u win 4 games at E Mich they beg u to stay

but if u start at a lower school u get to pick 1 or 2 dream schools u would leave for
Old 05-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

What if lets say...i come into a boatload of cawh...and im willing to fund a college footbaall project...and i approach a gaming company...you think they would go for it? I mean id be putting up all the cash. And yes it would be generic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 08:45 AM   #12
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
0% of getting it back any time soon. No one even has any licensing in place for a game at this time. The NCAA refused to renew with EA when the last agreement expired. The SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 all stated they would not license to EA back in 2013.
The NCAA license is not even needed. EA was ready to release a game in '14 w/o an NCAA license, but the problems began when schools & conferences pulled out. If EA makes another college football game, the odds are that the NCAA will not be involved- EA left them there hanging in the lawsuit, so I imagine that the relationship b/w the two isn't the best.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 AM   #13
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
The NCAA license is not even needed. EA was ready to release a game in '14 w/o an NCAA license, but the problems began when schools & conferences pulled out. If EA makes another college football game, the odds are that the NCAA will not be involved- EA left them there hanging in the lawsuit, so I imagine that the relationship b/w the two isn't the best.
Sure, developers would not need the NCAA to release a college football game, but they are going to need the schools and conferences to have any chance of sales success. At least three of the P5 conferences stated they do not want to license to a game back in 2013, though the SEC was still on the hook for one more year when they made the statement.

The bigger issue becomes the schools, which individually license to the developer. I came across an interesting article from 2013 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi.../#30fbc1261e26) that shows that the payout to the schools is less than 1% of the schools' annual football budget. Given the current climate created by the O'Bannon case, I do not see any school willing to risk a lawsuit to only make tens of thousands of dollars. All it would take is one in game player to be too close in likeness to a real player and the attorneys will be circling.

IMHO, nothing happens until O'Bannon is past and player compensation is settled. Once the dust settles on that, then the schools, conferences, and NCAA (if it still exists at that point) will be willing to talk.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 PM   #14
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

If an independent company made a generic game called "Football" that had amazing gameplay and graphics, I wouldn't care if it was fake teams and fake players. I'd be in, madden is beyond stale, and NCAA will be on hiatus a while.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »