Home

Am I the only person who uses the OVERHEAD view?

This is a discussion on Am I the only person who uses the OVERHEAD view? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Am I the only person who uses the OVERHEAD view?

This always becomes a problem when I have friends over, etc., and kept me out of playing many games online over the years(when independent camera views weren't implemented in some games). My friends think I'm crazy because the players are so small and I argue you can't "see" them. I think they're crazy because they play without being able to see their wide receivers line up and are forced to throw "blind" into wide receiver screens, slants and outs. I honestly think some peoples insistence of playing in this mode is partly to blame for the 20yd dropback syndrome some people have adopted in football games. In order to see your receivers, you need the time for them to cut closer to the middle of the screen, to buy that time, you drop back(which also widens out the camera a little). Thoughts? Who with me? Against me? Who thinks it's a crackpot theory?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Am I the only person who uses the OVERHEAD view?

I use overhead view, mostly because I man the FS on defense.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:48 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Funny, right after I made this post, I played an online game against the orangemen at Syracuse. I tried to select the OVERHEAD view and it wasn't available! Is this because the game was played in a dome? If so, that's BS. No other view gets taken away in a dome, why punish the overheaders? I had no idea what I was doing in the other view. What's the second farthest away view?
Old 07-18-2004, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

I only use the overhead view as well, and yes you cannot select overhead view in domed stadiums.

I'm so used to that camera view that I almost refuse to play any university that plays indoors and I HATE making the Sugar Bowl.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #5
Rookie

I don't play the Sugar Bowl or domed teams either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2004, 04:18 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

I just started setting the XBox on LETTERBOX and playing with the NCAA camera. It's gives you a great feel of the passing game, a full wide view of the field, and a better view of the pass rush then OVERHEAD. The black bars at top and bottom reduce the viewable TV picture by 17%, but that's not too bad.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
I just started setting the XBox on LETTERBOX and playing with the NCAA camera. It's gives you a great feel of the passing game, a full wide view of the field, and a better view of the pass rush then OVERHEAD. The black bars at top and bottom reduce the viewable TV picture by 17%, but that's not too bad.

Well, if you are lucky enough to play on a widescreen TV it's even better, because you get the letterbox view without the black bars!
Old 07-18-2004, 04:36 PM   #8
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

So far I like the overhead view !! Especially for the passing game!! I need more testing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »