Home

Slowdown Video

This is a discussion on Slowdown Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 05:09 PM   #33
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Slowdown Video

Quote:

SkileSare said:
I'm genuinly interested here...for the people that 'don't see the slow down', did you all play 2003 or 2004?

Yep, I have. I was obsessed with 2004 for a while..
Old 07-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

just some common sense here. disc swapping and different xbox drives should not affect slowdown at all. once you're running a play, all the textures, polys and other mechanics are already pre-loaded onto the xbox memory. the only thing that has be accessed during gameplay are the color commentary phrases, and that doesn't happen during the play. people who talk about boiling and swapping discs are an interesting bunch. it's the same way for PC games. slowdown means bad optimization or a slow cpu/gpu combination.

hell, if i could boil my far cry disc or ask for a swap for it to run better...
Old 07-20-2004, 10:45 PM   #35
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

elscorcho said:
just some common sense here. disc swapping and different xbox drives should not affect slowdown at all. once you're running a play, all the textures, polys and other mechanics are already pre-loaded onto the xbox memory. the only thing that has be accessed during gameplay are the color commentary phrases, and that doesn't happen during the play. people who talk about boiling and swapping discs are an interesting bunch. it's the same way for PC games. slowdown means bad optimization or a slow cpu/gpu combination.

hell, if i could boil my far cry disc or ask for a swap for it to run better...

Well all I can say is that my first copy of Ncaa2005 had major slowdown, i even copied it to the hdd to see if it would help but it didnt. I asked my friends to bring there copy over because they said they really havent noticed any slowdown and sure enough it was nothing like the slowdown I had so I returned it and havent seen any kind of slowdown since. Everything is preloaded into the xbox memory is correct and it dumps the stadiums, commentary, animations, and other things to your hdd everytime you load the game up. I dont know what the deal is but I now enjoy the game just as much as 2004 and hardly ever notice any slowdown except on Xbox live.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »