Home

My only thing I can't stand

This is a discussion on My only thing I can't stand within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:46 PM   #1
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34
My only thing I can\'t stand

After playing some more online I understand the issue with players rolling out every play the DEs get no depth on pass plays and there isn't even a pocket to roll out of. I played I OS guy today who kept rolling out with Mizzou QB scrambling every play. It gets boring its not unstoppable just boring if you know hes calling the same play hot routing the deep ball every time.

Quote:

I just wish EA would change the pass blocking to allow a real pocket to form, which would make a difference containment wise and basically change how people play drop back wise/ scrambling.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:05 PM   #2
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My only thing I can\'t stand

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:

After playing some more online I understand the issue with players rolling out every play the DEs get no depth on pass plays and there isn't even a pocket to roll out of. I played I OS guy today who kept rolling out with Mizzou QB scrambling every play. It gets boring its not unstoppable just boring if you know hes calling the same play hot routing the deep ball every time.

Quote:

I just wish EA would change the pass blocking to allow a real pocket to form, which would make a difference containment wise and basically change how people play drop back wise/ scrambling.

learn to play defense,don't let the AI choose your defense like you were doing You had a better team rank wise but you still complain,sad.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

First off this is not a pissing contest about a win or a loss. I have the same complaint offline and online. You want the win you got the win. I was busy with my son so by the end of the game I was really waitng for you to get the game over. Its all for fun. Thats why I never mention your name or gamer tag.

But let me know how MUCH the check is that EA gives for having such a great record.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
First off this is not a pissing contest about a win or a loss. I have the same complaint offline and online. You want the win you got the win. I was busy with my son so by the end of the game I was really waitng for you to get the game over. Its all for fun. Thats why I never mention your name or gamer tag.

But let me know how MUCH the check is that EA gives for having such a great record.

lol,not enough,lol
Old 07-19-2004, 11:28 PM   #5
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Another thing I wanted to say I am not knocking your game plan or your ability honestly it would have been a better game minus my son wanting to play with the controller (hes 17 mos). My complaint is about how thee Dline plays and the tackles and how it allows too easy of a rollout. I was watching LSU's purple and Gold game tonight and I mainly watched how the Dline and Oline interact and EA falls short on capturing it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #6
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

that's a tough thing to get straight though.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:38 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

I played a friend of mine and all he would do is try to get outside with Vince Young. At first I tried to let the D-Line contain him but they failed. So this is what I did.

1. Called a zone so players would stay home and still be able to defend the pass.

2. Controlled a DE. Usually the one on the side where most of the field was open(seeing as how if he scrambled that way, he would have a ton of space).

3. When the OL tried to block me, I would do a move to the OUTSIDE, preventing the QB from rolling out that way and preventing my DE from getting pinned inside.

I won because in OT, my DE forced him to the short side of the field and the DB came up and made the tackle on 4th down. In the end, Vince Young had 79 yards on 29 attempts for a 2.4 ypc average.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:22 AM   #8
MVP

Badgun's Arena

I played a guy yesterday who used Ohio State and once we started, he subbed a fast black qb in, I think it was number 10, but all he did the whole game was either run the option with this guy and Lydell Ross or scramble with his qb. He also put his DE outside and sacked me EVERYTIME I was in shotgun formation. I don't know how he was getting there so fast, but nothing I did helped. I finally had to go under center and just run to the opposite side from where he was blitzing from.

He wound up beating me 28-14, but I thought he played pretty cheesy. Don't get me wrong, he was a heckuva nice guy, but anytime someone runs with his fast qb everytime, I just roll my eyes. I played another guy that used VT and he subbed Marcus Vick in and did the same thing with him. I beat him though. I think you're going to see people using teams with fast, athletic qbs and scramble with them a lot, especially since the passing game is very broken online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »