Home

Players needing discipline...

This is a discussion on Players needing discipline... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 AM   #9
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Players needing discipline...

I have been kinda lax on my guys in the infractions department. I'm playing with Auburn and in the first game I had to sit a starting OT for a couple quarters, the game suggested the whole game but my NCAA interest didn't really change much between a game and 2 quarters. Then I had my starting SS talk on his cell phone during practice, a sat him for a quarter when the game suggested a game. Then I had to make an example of my FS, he was cheating on a test, so he is sitting a 2 game suspension, the game recommended 3. I like the infractions feature, seems to be occuring a lot though to my starting players.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had a LT that had illegal contact with a booster. He was gone for the season after that...
Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:

TexDub said:
my kicker got suspended for academics

i had assist on and didn't realize it until i saw my 2nd string RB had 5 xps (5-5)

Do discipline assists have to be turned off to see whats happening with your team? I always assumed that the discipline assist being on would just send me an alert that stuff is going on, and i would go look at it.

Is that why in week 5, i havent seen anything go wrong yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 11:49 AM   #12
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

I suspended my kicker for a game because he skipped a mandatory weight training session. I just did it to get the NCAA off my back a little, though.

Then I suspended my #2 receiver, a senior, for the season (5 games, including the bowl) after he was implicated in a fraud situation.

Both of these came in 2005.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:06 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I have a rule for my program. You only get three strikes total. You only get two for academics but three for any other violations. I have had guys do silly things where the NCAA doesn't even recommend anything. Like my 2nd string MLB Doug Justice. They said this guys work ethis is so bad, he doesn't even care. He is the last to practice and the first to leave. My starting DE Tommy Davis missed the first 2 games for academic reasons. Don't let the NCAA interest bar fool you because I read where this dude that's playing with Bama, at the end of the season the bar was only half way. They handed down 2 years probation and a loss of 10 scholarships!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:02 PM   #14
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice to see another Red-skin/hawk around here Coffey!

I sat a guy for half a game because he wasn't following the meal plan and was "eating everything in sight."
Old 07-21-2004, 01:08 PM   #15
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

TarHeelPhenom said:
I have a rule for my program. You only get three strikes total. You only get two for academics but three for any other violations. I have had guys do silly things where the NCAA doesn't even recommend anything. Like my 2nd string MLB Doug Justice. They said this guys work ethis is so bad, he doesn't even care. He is the last to practice and the first to leave. My starting DE Tommy Davis missed the first 2 games for academic reasons. Don't let the NCAA interest bar fool you because I read where this dude that's playing with Bama, at the end of the season the bar was only half way. They handed down 2 years probation and a loss of 10 scholarships!!!!!

Once it leaves the green, I think you're in for a world of hurt. First offense always seems to get the 2 years with 10 less schollies to offer, though. That's what I got after simming through part of 2004 with discipline assistance off, and that's what tOSU got in 2006:

Coloradio's "NCAA Interest" meter was in the RED, but that's all they got, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Before the first game of the second year of my dynasty, Tyrone Moss was caught plagiarizing a paper. I decided to suspended him seven games, even though he was the pre-season favorite to win the Heisman. My decision was made easier by the fact that I had Frank Gore as a backup, who was actually rated a point higher than Moss. In a related note, after the first year, Notre Dame was placed on 2-years probation and lost 10 scholarships for running a sloppy program . The NCAA also seems to have their eye on Maryland, who have the NCAA interest level on "gold."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »