Home

Problems with Position Changes?

This is a discussion on Problems with Position Changes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2004, 03:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Problems with Position Changes?

i got a freshamn Athlete that was 6'1" and 214 lbs, he came with an 80 rating as an athlete but a 96 rating at DE because of his 4.4 spd and 80 strength??? c'mon now, a LB maybe but no way is a freshman 214 lb kid goin to be a stud his first year at DE. i've also had a 6'5" 213 pound guy project to an 80 at FB and 72 was his highest rating anywhere else. this is stupid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2004, 05:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Problems with Position Changes?

At least your getting good athletes. All mine always project to be QBs. I have 8 QBs on my roster all around 75-82 with 80-90 speed. I just want a wr or cb from one of them..
Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

You'd be surprised by some of the linemen's size. In editing in the names on my own, I've seen some defensive linemen that were 205 lbs and linebackers that were 195 lbs. I don't remember what team it was, but they had a center that was 210. He must be a long snapper.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Going in on my second year I i recruited ATH Justin Kirkpatrick. Then I was Seeing what position would be best for him. 98 at DE. First Year. Now he is a 99 and ruling the line. Whoa that rhymed.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:18 AM   #5
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

You can't change the height and weight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2004, 04:39 AM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Basically you can turn any average OLB into a stud DE.

I had a FR linebacker that was a 70 and now is an 84 rated DE starting at LE. Last game he had 6 tackles and 1 sack. He is light though...and often get's thrown down by the OL...but he's fast and chases down a play or two a game.

So I guess they are rated high due to their SP, AC, and TKL.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Faygo_Ninja said:
At least your getting good athletes. All mine always project to be QBs. I have 8 QBs on my roster all around 75-82 with 80-90 speed. I just want a wr or cb from one of them..

Obviously you are not looking closely at their attributes during recruiting. When you convert an Athlete, they will all have 40 speed, awareness, bench, and squat listed. But depending on what position they will likely play, they will also have arm strength/accuracy (if the Athlete projects to be a QB), hands (for a WR), etc. You should have a good idea what position they will likely play before you ever recruit them.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

That is true, and you can also tell by the picture of the player. Each position has a different pose of a player, such as QB, RB, WR, DT, etc. You can tell by that too. I think all DBs have the same picture though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »