Home

Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

This is a discussion on Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #33
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Generic Rosters actuall schools with last name commentary. As long as we are allowed to edit. The company should not get into trouble. There is another company making a college football game though. IMV Gaming. But as far a EA series I hope it comes back as well
Old 09-05-2016, 02:50 PM   #34
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Peter Moore on NCAA Football, "We'll Be Back"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The NFLPA license does not cover retired players. It only covers active players. Legends who appear in Ultimate Team and Draft Champions are licensed individually.
Well aware, I was talking about active players.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:08 PM   #35
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Honestly, I can't think of a more exciting prospect for me, gaming wise, than playing a new NCAA football game on current gen consoles. That would be as close to heaven as I could get here on Earth.

Please, please, please

(just speaking strictly from a gaming standpoint)

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 09-06-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
I feel that too much emphasis is placed on "authenticity" and not enough on fun factor. Truth be told, I only play college football for the fun of taking a small school and boosting stats of my players and being a cinderella story. I honestly don't have a favorite college team. I just love the sport. Why does a college game have to have authentic teams and such. I don't mind having fake college teams with a formulated college atmosphere. There are a host of small division 2 and/or 3 teams that would move units. School building would be great. You know, start with a small program and build it up. There was an attempt to have a college game featuring HBCU's (historically black colleges and Universities) that failed due to miserable gameplay. We don't have to be held prisoner by the big bad D-1 machine. Especially when washed up failures like Ed O'cannon feel the need to be relevent again by not getting chosen so they leave and take the ball with them.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:27 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

EA just needs to completely randomize rosters, allow roster editing and roster share from peer to peer via save file (not via EA) and they'd be exempt from any legal repercussions and us gamers could have what we desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #38
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
EA just needs to completely randomize rosters, allow roster editing and roster share from peer to peer via save file (not via EA) and they'd be exempt from any legal repercussions and us gamers could have what we desire.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would they be able to have real team names? Like Alabama Crimson Tide, or would everything need to be random/generic/customizable

I ask because I am ignorant as to the full ramifications of the O'Bannon case and all that

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Would they be able to have real team names? Like Alabama Crimson Tide, or would everything need to be random/generic/customizable

I ask because I am ignorant as to the full ramifications of the O'Bannon case and all that
If they can get the NCAA on board. If not I doubt they'd make a game at all. The days of having "South Bend" instead of "Notre Dame" have passed as consumers won't tolerate that I don't think, too used to the real schools.

As for not having the real players or names, I don't believe most folks in the general public ever knew or cared about it. Most people who I spoke to at video game stores on NCAA release days didn't even know you could get named rosters.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #40
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

The schools and NCAA are still totally free to license with whomever they please. The hangup was/is the player avatars and how much they resemble real current athletes. Take that out the equation with generic rosters and problem solved. Just look at how NBA 2K has done it. There isn't a collegiate player on any of the licensed college teams (Kansas, Texas, etc.) in the game who could make a likeness claim. They took extra measures to ensure that the players were "generic", even numbered them numerically. College sports has always been about the schools, conferences and NCAA to me. Not necessarily the players. I honestly don't care about players getting paid or whatever. That's for the courts. Just give me a football game with my Georgia Bulldogs and let me play in the SEC against Florida. I'd even be fine with not being able to download or roster share roster files. Whatever is necessarily to keep the lawyers off the game producers, NCAA and schools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »