Home

Walk-Ons - An Idea to Handicap My Dynasty

This is a discussion on Walk-Ons - An Idea to Handicap My Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2016, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

OVR: 0
Walk-Ons - An Idea to Handicap My Dynasty

I got to thinking about the realities of FBS football over the weekend and how it could relate to NCAA 14. FBS teams dress more than they have scholarships available. My thought is to adjust the numbers down to fit the same mold. If the roster limit is is 70, then my scholarship limit becomes 60-65, with walk-ons filling my teams. I'll have to track scholarship players vs walk-on players for each year so I know the right number to recruit. The added bonus in this plan comes from being able to offer a scholarship to an existing walk-on that works hard and does a good job. There are lots of videos these days of teams coming up with special ways to give these players their scholarships.

Anyone doing anything like this already or have any suggestions/ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Walk-Ons - An Idea to Handicap My Dynasty

Love the idea, only problem though is that the only way to get walk-ons is if your team doesnt meet the roster minimal at positions. So in other words, to get a walk-on OT, you'd have to only have two OTs on your roster. To get a walk-on FB, you'd have to only have one FB on your roster.

I wish the game allowed way more freedom with this stuff because your idea is pretty awesome and you're right.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 09-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

I just wish the roster was bigger. Real college football teams are deep with 85 scholarship players plus walkons. Imagine if each team had a full 85 man roster. I know I have trouble when editing rosters deciding which players to include. I'm almost always leaving off reasonable touted freshmen to make room for all the upperclassmen in the two deep.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Could you glitch this with position changes or would the AWR drop kill things?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

This is something I do with my dynasties...

Each season I have my 68-70 "Scholarship players," those are the ones who show up week-in-week-out and play the games. But I also have 15 "Walk-On Players" written down. Each year will begin with me picking one of the 15 "Walk-On Players," making him in Create-A-Prospect, and making him my number one recruit. He will get the maximum number of points every single week until he commits (aka, "receives the scholarship"). If he commits to another school, then I lose the scholarship for the season.

To create the "Walk-Ons", I wrote down each of the players from the 5 FCS schools in game. If I want a walk-on HB, I have a random number drawn to tell me which HB is the walk-on. He will remain on the roster for 4 years, so I will not cut or remove him.

I balance out the "Walk-Ons" by only having 1 at each of these positions: QB, HB, FB/TE, WR, T, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB, FS, SS, K/P. If I want a HB, I could get lucky and get a 72 OVR HB, or end up with a HB with 44 OVR.

Because of the 4-year commitment, I only have to add 3 or 4 "Walk-Ons" each year. This also helps slightly handicap my recruiting because it makes a lower-rated player my top recruit. To make it a little more challenging, I always make the recruit outside of my Pipeline states.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »