Home

When NCAA comes back...

This is a discussion on When NCAA comes back... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 12:36 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: When NCAA comes back...

I'd be happy with a port of Madden gameplay but with college recruiting. Generic rosters would be fine. The instant you start recruiting you are adding generic players.

But, since EA already is cashing in from football I wouldn't be surprised if 2K or some other company takes the college game just to get into the market. Legally it should be easier to do it with generic rosters but the lawyers have to figure that out before anybody gets serious about developing another NCAA game.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Even though I believe its inevitable that NCAA football will be back, I'd rather see another college hoops game.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #11
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Even though I believe its inevitable that NCAA football will be back, I'd rather see another college hoops game.
I would be willing to bet that you are in the minority with preferring a college hoops game over a college football game...........

I would be happy with a decent recruiting engine and basically a M17 with college skins. Used to really want the edited rosters, but honestly I would be completely ok with a random roster.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #12
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

The only thing that would upset me about not being able to edit rosters is the fact that sometimes the developers just don't get things right. Like Madden for example. If they didn't release the patch to nerf draft classes then all players on the original roster would be rendered useless in two years. Sometimes you want to be able to go through and edit some recruits or things like that. I would think that if we got a new NCAA football game without the editing ability, some people would be put off by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #13
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
The only thing that would upset me about not being able to edit rosters is the fact that sometimes the developers just don't get things right. Like Madden for example. If they didn't release the patch to nerf draft classes then all players on the original roster would be rendered useless in two years. Sometimes you want to be able to go through and edit some recruits or things like that. I would think that if we got a new NCAA football game without the editing ability, some people would be put off by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Editing is paramount for any sports game for me.

Rosters
Draft/ recruit classes
Stadiums
Uniforms

Anything you can think of.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #14
Rookie

I would love to just have a new game that could be played on PS4/XBOX1. Even if it's just a ported version of 14. And I think real schools/stadiums (at least semi close) is a must.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #15
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

EA is really the only option to bring back college football; nobody else is really doing football at all.
I just hope they don't copy Madden's "Connected Career/Franchise/Whateverdontlikeitgoscrewyourself" mode where you can't change much without jumping through stupid arbitrary hoops.

Customization is big thing, especially for a college game. Schools remodel/renovate stadiums, change up uniforms, realign themselves, and move up (or down) a level so much more often than in the NFL.

Towards that end:
- allow teams to be added at certain points during a Dynasty. This may be a coding nightmare for scheduling, so I'd be ok with maybe once every few years during custom conferences you get a prompt "would you like to add additional team(s)?"

- allow uniforms to be changed/updated within dynasty. Because duh.

- allow stadiums to be remodeled/expanded.

- customizable playoff format.

- leverage that NFL license so that all NFL stadiums can be used for neutral site games.

Generic rosters would be fine, so long as we could still edit players/ratings. Generic schools, however, would be more difficult to overcome. This isn't the early 1990s anymore, most folks won't put up with it.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #16
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27

- leverage that NFL license so that all NFL stadiums can be used for neutral site games.
We already had this, at least to a limited extent. In NCAA 14, the rivalry game between Colorado and Colorado State is played at Sports Authority Field at Mile High (the Broncos' stadium). I also feel like I've played neutral-site games in the Dallas Cowboys' stadium and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' stadium, but I can't remember the details on those as clearly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »