Home

CATCH THE [censored] BALL!

This is a discussion on CATCH THE [censored] BALL! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
CATCH THE [censored] BALL!

What the [censored]! This is riduculous!

Even with Human Pass Accuracy & Human WR Catch at 20, I am still having droped passes!

Slants, drags, flys, posts, screens; these WRs are getting the ball IN THEIR HANDS, and "doink", drop! And these guys are WIDE OPEN!

Oh, but I'll be able to throw the deep bomb over 40 yards and jump in triple coverage with a user catch!?! Ya, that's realism! Go figure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: CATCH THE [censored] BALL!

Quote:

CapeCodKid said:
What the [censored]! This is riduculous!

Even with Human Pass Accuracy & Human WR Catch at 20, I am still having droped passes!

Slants, drags, flys, posts, screens; these WRs are getting the ball IN THEIR HANDS, and "doink", drop! And these guys are WIDE OPEN!

Oh, but I'll be able to throw the deep bomb over 40 yards and jump in triple coverage with a user catch!?! Ya, that's realism! Go figure!

that's too bad CCK. I was in the same boat, even quit playing for a couple days. But, I got the hang of it now. I complete 50% finally and my WR catch it. I don't knwo what I'm doing any different, I think I'm just being a little more patient. I still get the occasionaly drop, but I got that last year. I found that my best route this year is a simple crossing route, which I had the hardest time with last year. The hardest route I have this year is a deep inside slant, which was my easiest route last year. go figure. What helped me was a couple days of ESPN NFL. I'm brand new to that game, so I was taking it slow and letting it develop, you know learning how to play a new game. Well, I decided over the past couple days to take that approach with NCAA. Well the last 4 games of NCAA I have gotten better and better at. I even had to suspend my starting QB for a game against UGA and still came away with a solid win.

Anyway, it all has started coming together for me, I hope it comes together for you soon. This is still a fun game. I played 2004 yesterday at a friends house who hasn't gotten 2005 yet, and I was amazed how simple it was. It is just making me appreciate this one more I know eventually this one with become simple too, its just a new way of running the offense that is taking some time.

Anyway, my two cents. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

yeah just keep at it, you'll get it buddy
Old 07-25-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah it took me a while to get it too. I spent a lot of time in practice mode using the random offense and defense feature and started getting better at passing. I really got better when I didn't take control of the reciever, but made sure to press Y (Xbox version) to get the reciever to catch the ball.

I'm still up and down at passing at times which is realistic IMO. Some games I'll go 13-18 or so and other games I still can't pass/catch worth anything. Just practice more and I think you'll get it.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

"Catch the F'ing Ball!"

In the early going I was saying this at least twice a game. Now I've gotten better, it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. I actually like having dropped passes every now and then. It adds to the realism of 18-22 year old kids playing football on a huge stage. Hell, sometimes the pros even drop wide open passes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2004, 11:46 PM   #6
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I gotta agree aukevin. The crossing routes are a beauty if you're patient. They work well. You prolly won't have the same guy open every time but if you do this play 4-5 times a game it will work. Overdoing it though will lead to INTs, had to learn that the hard way.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:53 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Chances are that you are throwing the ball too hard. Try using more touch.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:43 AM   #8
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah, dropped passes were something that annoyed the hell out of me, especially in online games when I was down. I would be kicking my dresser and slamming my chair. I'm sure the neighbors loved that but I am a competitive guy and hell, he was wide open 40 yards downfield! Gotta make those plays. I attribute my 12-8 record mostly to dropped passes/missed opportunities, cheesers and the occassional botched field goal (I missed a 28 yarder as time was winding down and lossed in overtime, a game I was winning by 2 touchdowns at one point. I wanted to kill somebody).

By the way, BEAR DOWN WILDCATS. I noticed we got one in here. I am a third-year student at the University of Arizona and will be returning to Tucson in 2 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »