Home

Getting Better at Building Dynasties

This is a discussion on Getting Better at Building Dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Getting Better at Building Dynasties

I love playing dynasties, and I was curious about a few things.

1). I'm terrible at defense, and I was curious if anybody could give me a few ideas as to what defenses would be solid to use, or how to figure that out on my own? I'm playing on Heisman difficulty with WVU right now with sliders I found on operation sports (Jarodd21's slider sets). I cannot seem to get any turnovers at all, but this occurs on just about all slider sets I've tried. The occasional INT on a deep ball which I get lucky on, usually vs a lower tier school, are the only ones I ever get.

2). What specific stats should I be looking for offensive and defensive players in recruiting? Which ones matter most for each position? My knowledge of this tops out at Coverage and Speed for CBs, Throwing Power/Accuracy for QBs, and Speed + Catching for WRs and HBs. Also, any other tips on recruiting would be great

3). While I do want to play both sides of the ball (to me, feels more realistic), should I look into playing as an OC instead of HC? Would this also still give me realistic stats for the players and endgame scores?

Also, I'd like to get better at playing offense and defense, and understanding it to the point where I can create my own playbooks. I enjoy creating multiple dynasties, and understanding playcalling to the point where I have the ability to tailor my offenses and defenses to best fit my players for each team and winning would feel much more like an accomplishment than just using the vanilla ones. Because as of right now, I'm just using whatever the 'Ask the Coach' option gives me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Getting Better at Building Dynasties

For defense, I'd suggest using the 4-2-5 set. And the best way to really make it good is to recruit the best D-linemen you can. Statistically, look at the highest bench numbers. Strength is everything on the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandoe

1). I'm terrible at defense, and I was curious if anybody could give me a few ideas as to what defenses would be solid to use, or how to figure that out on my own? I'm playing on Heisman difficulty with WVU right now with sliders I found on operation sports (Jarodd21's slider sets). I cannot seem to get any turnovers at all, but this occurs on just about all slider sets I've tried. The occasional INT on a deep ball which I get lucky on, usually vs a lower tier school, are the only ones I ever get.

2). What specific stats should I be looking for offensive and defensive players in recruiting? Which ones matter most for each position? My knowledge of this tops out at Coverage and Speed for CBs, Throwing Power/Accuracy for QBs, and Speed + Catching for WRs and HBs. Also, any other tips on recruiting would be great

3). While I do want to play both sides of the ball (to me, feels more realistic), should I look into playing as an OC instead of HC? Would this also still give me realistic stats for the players and endgame scores?

Also, I'd like to get better at playing offense and defense, and understanding it to the point where I can create my own playbooks. I enjoy creating multiple dynasties, and understanding playcalling to the point where I have the ability to tailor my offenses and defenses to best fit my players for each team and winning would feel much more like an accomplishment than just using the vanilla ones. Because as of right now, I'm just using whatever the 'Ask the Coach' option gives me.
1) I don't force many turnovers myself, so I'm not of much help here.

2) Strength is great on the D-Line and the O-Line. Good Power Move ratings and solid blocking ratings help too. Fast linebackers are often an asset that is great to have. Doesn't matter how great of a tackler an LB is if he can barely move.

Overall, though, this question depends on what you're looking for and what kind of offense you run. If you are dependent on having a QB who can tote the rock, Speed and Acceleration are a must. Speed on RBs is great, and you obviously want as much of it as you can find, but if you're dependent on lining up with two men in the backfield and running the ball between the tackles, you're going to want a guy who has good power run ratings. (Trucking, Stiff Arm) Good agility can be helpful too. I always try to find tight ends on the upper reaches of the speed category (which for TEs is usually low 80s) because I utilize my TEs a lot to take advantage of mismatches with slower LBs and smaller CBs. Since I run the ball quite a bit as well (normally at least, my most recent Dynasty has been a little more pass oriented), I usually try to find a blocking TE or convert a smaller, speedier OL to sub in for those situations. Offensive line-wise, it depends on what your playcall style is again. If you tend to pass more, Pass Blocking is more essential. Run it more, and RBK is huge. In both of those cases, having strong linemen is a big deal.

3) I personally don't like playing as just an OC (my preferred side of the ball) because I feel that the super sim doesn't really do the game justice. I always end up dominating time of possession (even more than without SS) and my defense always seems to play better than they should when simming.

Hope that all helps!

EDIT: Oh, and I also recommend the 4-2-5 defense. I really felt like my ability on D improved when I switched to it at first.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 11-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iandoe

1) Try holding "triangle" on 360 to activate the ball hawk feature. I get a normal amount of picks but I also get a normal amount of pass breakups as well. Also pressure on the QB helps here as well. Try moving your guy around. I control the LE so I will not run right at the tackle but rather move towards holes or try to blow past him. If I get locked up I let go of the speed burst and move the stick to break free.

2) I never look for the same type of players. Speed is still the king in this game. I like to run a 4-2-5 with bigger LBs at DE, bigger DEs at DT, speed and coverage at the 2 LB spots, and corners at the 5 DB spots. Had a lot of succes using this.

As for on offense recruit based on what you run.

3) The in game sim while playing as a OC or DC is off. I would not do it.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

1) changing up the defense often helps. Sure, sometimes you will find a play that works against certain teams, and use it as your base defense. For the most part though, branch out. Try blitzing plays, shake up the zone coverage. I'm no defensive ace, but that helped me a lot. I would always sit in cover 3, afraid of the deep ball. Ultimately, you need to take the risk sometimes.

Furthermore, use the play guessing feature. Especially on 3rd and long, guess that its a pass. It makes your defense play better if you guess correctly.

As far as picks, a high rated cornerback helps a lot. I seem to get more with zone coverage as well. When my corners are around 80 overall, I don't get many. When they're pushing 90 overall, my picks start to stack up. I still don't get many, however I get more pass breakups.

2) you seem to have a good basis. It all depends on your style. If you love a spread offense with read option, look for a balanced QB who can run and pass. If you air it out like Texas Tech, go for guys who pass block well on O-line, and TE's who are receiving threats. If you run between the tackles, go for RB's who can truck people instead of focusing on speed.

In this game, speed kills (as is true in real college football). If you get fast receivers, you're golden. At DB, I'd focus a LOT on speed. It doesn't matter if you're guy has 99 man coverage if the WR is 15 points faster in speed, you're toast.

As a note for RB: I tend to have better running stats with the power backs. IE maybe a bit slower, but have a good trucking and good stiff arm. At RB, moves (stiff arm, juke, spin, trucking) allow you to break into the second level. You can get through the hole and make 1-2 guys miss for a big gain. Sure, someone will run you down, but its better to have a 30 yard gain than a 5 yarder. A speed guy only has great stats if you're lucky and break through the line without being touched. I often can't break a tackle, and most of the runs for a speed back are 2-3 yards.

3) Messing with sliders, quarter length, and such can give you the overall stat lines. I play both sides of the ball, its more fun. Super sim can also make things weird (IE defense gets tons of 3 and outs)

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »