Home

Is this really that much better than 2004?

This is a discussion on Is this really that much better than 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

papasmurf's Arena

OVR: 2
Is this really that much better than 2004?

Im still having a blast playing 2004, im the missouri tigers but i've been playing about 15 games on each week of the schedule. It will take me forever to finish but im alot better passing on all- american than when i started. I don't really want to have to adjust to learning the intracies of a new game when im finally starting to master 2004.

I actually bought ncaa 2005 with all the trade ins i had but never opened it and took it back for megaman anniversy collection and used the remainder of the credit money to buy nfl 2k5.

Eventually i may wind up with 05 , most likely if there's a deal for buying both madden 2005 and ncaa 2005 together somewhere. I hated madden 2004 however but ncaa 2004 is my favorite game of the first three for the ps2.

Another deciding factor was downloading rosters, i have a sharkport but it's only compatible with older ps2's. I have an older ps2 but it really needs to be cleaned up, right now it's not loading anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 01:17 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Is this really that much better than 2004?

2005 is much harder than 2004...but with the right slider set im sure you can find the game your looking for...
Old 07-26-2004, 02:11 AM   #3
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

the difference between this years game and last years game..
is that the cheesing is very very limited in this years
version ...... It is ALMOST an absolute necesity that
the player that wants to win the game, must play it straight
up how a coach would play a game in real life...

The fact that cheesers have a hard time winning, and getting
good results, is equaling an ABSOLUTE TON OF QUITTERS ONLINE... its actually quite amusing!!
Old 07-26-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I believe this game is better for several reasons. The game is much harder than last year's. No matter the difficulty or anything last year, I would always destroy the computer. This year, I have closer games. Plus, the presentation in 2005 is much better. In 2004, the presentation of depth charts and rosters to me seemed a bit Sega Genesis era. This year, they are done more like Madden, which I like. Brings a feel of respectability to the game, as opposed to the cartoony feeling I get from 2004 when I loaded it recently to get the extra few names I needed for the 2003 USC roster.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

What are you talking this year is quite the cheese fest, tell me how easy is it is to playfake and lob the ball deep while the wr makes the catch in triple coverage. Short routes and medium routes aren't even as effective as the deep ball bomb. Running up the gut stinks because Dt's will shimmy the gaps and bring you down. Honestly, just play 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2004, 06:29 PM   #6
G**d S**s*n F*ll*s

airbarrett's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
2005 is much harder than 2004...but with the right slider set im sure you can find the game your looking for...

that's about it... it's a lot better than 04 and when you get your sliders to where you like, there's no better football game around.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #7
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

2k5 > 2k4 in so many ways it isn't even funny. Most of the people who hate on it either

1. haven't given it a chance because they give up way to easy.
2. don't understand anything but hail mary and blitz.
3. are fanbois of another game

Theres a few that legitimatly dont like it but you wont find many of them here because they are playing something they actually like and have no need to come here.

In my opinion the whole composure system, while I'm sure its far from perfect, is HUGE. Once you figure that part out the rest can get alot easier and also alot more fun. Lots of new animations as well, in my opinion of course.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

I like it so far. Overall its the better game. The presentation is better. It has better features. And enough ai improvements. Still could give you more freedom with the playbooks.. Im calling more plays, but i still cant call certain standard plays that are just gone from last years. Heisman difficulty seems to give a pretty level playing field so far which is a nice change from EA. The blocking is much better this year. I cant come off the corners and sack the opposing QB like i could last year. I can still get to the QB but it takes more skill and its more of a challenge. Im having fun with 2005 like i had fun with 2004. Both are great game. EA did a nice job of moving the franchise forward at least and giving a better challenge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »