Home

Future Schedules: Yearly Opponents, etc.

This is a discussion on Future Schedules: Yearly Opponents, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3
Future Schedules: Yearly Opponents, etc.

So I have been doing a sim dynasty and I'm into the 2020's and I decided to take notice of when the game has yearly rivalry games scheduled outside of the conference schedule. This is a cool to know if you're scheduling opponents and you want to play Army or Notre Dame etc., but are worried you may override a yearly rivalry game. Here is a list of the teams and which week they play:

Cincinnati-Miami (OH) 4
Maryland-WVU 4
Louisville-UK 3
Arkansas-Texas A&M 5 (I moved A&M and this rivalry remained yearly)
Iowa-ISU 3
Colorado-CSU 1
SMU-TCU 5
Notre Dame-Navy 10
Navy-Air Force 6
Army-Air Force 10
Utah-USU 1
Notre Dame-USC/Stanford 14 and I believe 6
FSU-UF 14
Clemson-SC 14
GT-UGa 14
Army-Navy 15 (unless you put them in the same conference, that has a title game, then it will move to 14)

Other notes:

I noticed Ohio State plays Ohio in week 4 and 5, but haven't simulated enough to make sure this wasn't just a few years in a row or if it's actually hardwired.

If South Carolina and/or Arkansas are moved out of the SEC their out of conference slate will be filled with same SEC opponents every year. For example, South Carolina was moved to the ACC and they played Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Florida every single year outside of their ACC schedule (which included Clemson). I moved Arkansas to the Big XII and I believe they played Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss State. They were playing those schools yearly plus Texas, Texas A&M, and TCU and plummeted as a program.
There are probably instances of this occuring with other teams/conferences, but I haven't tested it extensively. This does not happen with Missouri or Texas A&M, although A&M continues to play Arkansas.

It seems ECU may have a rotation between NC State and UNC, haven't tested it enough to say for sure though.

Right now I have UNM, NMSU, and UTEP all in the Mountain West, so I'm going to make two of them independent and see if they continue to play one another.

If anybody knows of any other yearly games or has any related insight, I'd like to hear from you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Pro

esayem's Arena

Re: Future Schedules: Yearly Opponents, etc.

Nebraska-Iowa 14
Texas A&M-Missouri 14

I didn't include those because they start out in the same conferences. Although, I have moved them to different leagues and they remained hardwired.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 5

Cool.

I need to test this as well.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Pro

esayem's Arena

The Ohio State-Ohio match-up was just two consecutive years, and the ECU vs. other North Carolina teams was the same. I think the game recycles opponents from previous known schedules after some years in dynasty.

NMSU seems to play both UTEP and UNM yearly, although UNM and UTEP do not play each other.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #5
Pro

esayem's Arena

I found a few more:

UVA-VT 14
BC-VT 10
BYU-Boise (this match-up occurs a lot, but I'm not sure if it's always the same week)
UCF-USF 14
FAU-FIU 14
NMSU-UTEP 3
NMSU-UNM 6

I should say I noticed these as out of conference match-ups, or if both schools are independent. I'm sure Tennessee continues to play Alabama and UK and Ohio State plays Michigan, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if this will help, but I started a teambuilder dynasty with Coastal Carolina and have kept a spreadsheet on rivalry games. This includes the outcome of the games and what years the teams have played. I have kept the game as close to real as possible (CCU took Charlotte's spot in C-USA) and have only played to this past year.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rivalries.zip (34.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #7
Pro

esayem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_brigade88
I don't know if this will help, but I started a teambuilder dynasty with Coastal Carolina and have kept a spreadsheet on rivalry games. This includes the outcome of the games and what years the teams have played. I have kept the game as close to real as possible (CCU took Charlotte's spot in C-USA) and have only played to this past year.
Thanks for sharing, but I'm not sure I follow some of the highlighted colors. What does blue and yellow indicate? Are you using the editor for the schedule?
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 PM   #8
Rookie

kc_brigade88's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Thanks for sharing, but I'm not sure I follow some of the highlighted colors. What does blue and yellow indicate? Are you using the editor for the schedule?
Oh, yeah, should've clarified, my bad. The yellow and blue on that tab indicates:

Blue: Protected rival (i.e. Neb/Penn St, North Texas/MTSU) I was lazy and just colored them all blue, didn't think I'd ever upload it anywhere, so I understood what it meant lol.

Yellow: Rivalry that happens within division or somewhat annual basis (i.e. OSU/UM, Duke/UNC, UTEP/NMSU)

I started it out as a "how many named/trophy rivalries were there per year" and then re-did it to include ALL rivalry games.

I don't use the editor since I have use my personal Coastal Carolina teambuilder in dynasty.

I also tried to keep this as close to real life as possible except I used CCU in the Sun Belt until 2017 when UAB "returned" and put Coastal in the C-USA East to balance out divisions. I replaced Idaho with Coastal Carolina due to Idaho dropping down to FCS.

Following what you kind of said in a previous post, I saw that ECU played the Carolinas, Old Dominion and UMass would schedule Virginia Tech and Boston College, respectively. So, I started as close to real life (as I wanted to make it) dynasty and have monitored the rivalries closely. The "sheet2" tab can be trashed, btw. The "rivalries" tab shows which team won, which year, and the score. I was going to track which team was the home team, but I decided against it. I'd start tracking it, but I am too far into my dynasty, and I like to have as much complete data without holes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »