Home

Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

This is a discussion on Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matching Coaches With Offensive Playbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Boise State should have some similarities, but I always prefer custom playbooks. Just finishing up one on Kyle Shanahan.
I normally am a less is more kinda guy when building PBs, but this one can get bulky pretty quick.

Ace:
F Pair Twins
Bunch Base
Twin TE
Big

I Form:
Normal
Twins
Tight

Strong I:
Normal
Close
Twins

Build around the plays with Auto-Motion, Stretch/Outside zone, Inside zone, Counter, Counter Trap, Jet Sweep/End Around, and Toss for the run game.
Heavy Play Action/boot off these runs, with concepts as Dagger, Yankee/Deep cross, Flood/Sail, and Wheel routes. Short passing with Mesh, All Slants, Quick screen game.

Shotgun:
Twin TE Slot
Split
Normal Y-Slot
Trey Open

Run game: more use of HB Base, Trap, Inside zone Split, Jet Sweep, then Outside zone, some Buck Sweep (not a lot) and Read Option. I think in a college offense he'd also use Speed Option.
Similar Pass concepts as under center, add All Curls from Normal Y-Slot. Again, Deep Passing game is mostly off Play Action.
Thanks for the info.

Do you know what type of players of each position can help maximize this playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2020, 12:37 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakernk
Thanks for the info.

Do you know what type of players of each position can help maximize this playbook?
It's a little easier to set up in Madden with their player types. I'm planning on modeling after the current 49ers.

O-Line: Agility and Acceleration for for the Zone blocking and pulling gap schemes, Impact Block helps on the toss plays, would lean to Run Blocking type lineman, then Balanced.

WRs: Due to the Jet influence, and the play action deep game to take the top off, Speed types. If you can, convert an Athlete that has some Run Blocking/Impact Blocking, these ratings don't progress for WRs (could mold them by switching to TE their first few years as RS's and buried on the Depth Charts, but that might be gaming the game haha)

TE: Definitely want Receiving here, Catch in Traffic, Impact Block

FB: Depending on availability, sometimes there's a good Athlete that fits this on the boards, Receiving to Balanced with good scores in Run Block, Impact Block and receiving skills help.

HB: You want to be able to cut when the gaps open on Outside zone/Stretch, so want good Agility and Acceleration. I like sneaking in the PA HB wheels, so also would look for decent hands

QB: this can be adaptable, I prefer some mobility, but no need for a burner here. Probably lean towards Balanced.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone have any ideas for a Lincoln Riley playbook? Is it ECU or something else? Thanks
Old 10-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
It's a little easier to set up in Madden with their player types. I'm planning on modeling after the current 49ers.

O-Line: Agility and Acceleration for the Zone blocking and pulling gap schemes, Impact Block helps on the toss plays, would lean to Run Blocking type lineman, then Balanced.

WRs: Due to the Jet influence, and the play-action deep game to take the top off, Speed types. If you can, convert an Athlete that has some Run Blocking/Impact Blocking, these ratings don't progress for WRs (could mold them by switching to TE their first few years as RS's and buried on the Depth Charts, but that might be gaming the game haha)

TE: Definitely want Receiving here, Catch in Traffic, Impact Block

FB: Depending on availability, sometimes there's a good Athlete that fits this on the boards, Receiving to Balanced with good scores in Run Block, Impact Block, and receiving skills help.

HB: You want to be able to cut when the gaps open on the Outside zone/Stretch, so want good Agility and Acceleration. I like sneaking in the PA HB wheels, so also would look for decent hands

QB: this can be adaptable, I prefer some mobility, but no need for a burner here. Probably lean towards Balanced.
Thanks Again.

Do you know what the run/pass sliders or the aggressive/conservative sliders or the offensive adjustments would look like when it comes to Kyle Shanahan? Would like to accurately replicate his playcalling based on the situation/every game.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #69
Rookie

Does anyone know what offense to give LSU because they run spread but they always have their tight end in with 3 wideouts and I’m having a hard time finding a good playbook for them.

Also I don’t know what to give Georgia because they run spread now but still have some single back formations..
Old 10-24-2020, 01:11 AM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Thanks Again.

Do you know what the run/pass sliders or the aggressive/conservative sliders or the offensive adjustments would look like when it comes to Kyle Shanahan? Would like to accurately replicate his playcalling based on the situation/every game.
Ok, so historically his NFL teams passed close to the average at 55-60% of the time. Last year he called a slightly different game plan and ran the ball 51%
If you are usering him, I'd highly suggest setting the Run/pass to 50. I actually do that for any offense I've used in the game (even option) due to the influence this slider has on the CPU Defense. Set to heavy lean on the run and that will encourage the CPU D line to use the ugly insta-shed move that just doesn't seem realistic to me.
If you're going for CPU-CPU I'd say set it to 45.

For Aggression, bump that up. Try anywhere from 65 to the max 85. He calls for taking shots aggressively, as they were tied for first in passing YPA.
Old 10-24-2020, 10:43 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Ok, so historically his NFL teams passed close to the average at 55-60% of the time. Last year he called a slightly different game plan and ran the ball 51%
If you are usering him, I'd highly suggest setting the Run/pass to 50. I actually do that for any offense I've used in the game (even option) due to the influence this slider has on the CPU Defense. Set to heavy lean on the run and that will encourage the CPU D line to use the ugly insta-shed move that just doesn't seem realistic to me.
If you're going for CPU-CPU I'd say set it to 45.

For Aggression, bump that up. Try anywhere from 65 to the max 85. He calls for taking shots aggressively, as they were tied for first in passing YPA.
Thanks again.
Do You Have all your plays/formations for the playbook? I have mine but I want know what play you have in each formation. also what audibles do you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Thanks again.
Do You Have all your plays/formations for the playbook? I have mine but I want know what play you have in each formation. also what audibles do you use?
You bet, I'll try and get it listed out this weekend if I have time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »