Home

Ah, glad to see the "screw you game" is back

This is a discussion on Ah, glad to see the "screw you game" is back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 07:12 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Ah, glad to see the \"screw you game\" is back

Quote:

Jistic said:
Hmm that's interesting. In my Peach Bowl game I was down 42-14 in the 3rd. Went nuts in the 4th quarter and outscored the CPU 28-0 after they turned the ball over on three straight possessions. Tied it up but lost in OT.

Now if that had been the other way around would I have to call that 'comeback A.I.'? Comebacks happen, that's football.

Been there done that Jistic.

I was playing Flordia in Manhatten on my KSU dyansty,(added them). They scored 21 points to start the game, 1st quarter wasn't even half over yet, then I score a TD. 2nd quarter, nothing happens, go to the third, same thing happens, except they only score 13 this time. Mostly my fault, missed a tackle that led to the KO being returned for a TD. Then through 3 straight INT's.

Now I'm down 34-7. I somehow manage to get a drive together to end the 3rd and am down 34-14. 4th starts and their qb starts throwing INT's. I come storming back to take the lead 35-34 with 3min left. They drive down, miss a FG with 30 sec. left and I run out the clock to take the win. My #1 greatest game, score of 1300.

I think I would have broken the game if the computer did that to me. Like you said, it happens in real life, nice to see it can happen in the game too.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:36 AM   #18
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Actually this kind of game is fun, I of course play a Mizzou Dynasty moved up to AA after winning a NC and then cruising though half of a season, I of course expected to lose sometime then....Well I went ahead and cruised to a 2nd NC. Year three 1st full on AA, cruise through season crush OU 70-0, beat the Huskers by 40+ and roll over the Vols at Neylund then last game of the year..A trip to 3-6 Iowa State and I go down like a French whore 17-20 in OT. There goes 34 game winning streak and there goes the NC. I actually found the whole thing refreashing. Losing made me care more and be on edge when playing. Take the challenge and get the SOB's back next year that is my motto.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:09 AM   #19
Rookie

swilson1138's Arena

OVR: 1

Had one of these recently (Can't remember the teams due the the fact I am playing two dynasties).

The CPU and I combined for 6 4th quarter passing TD's. I still managed to edge him for the win. Sometimes I swear you can tell the is CPU doing the math about 1/2 through the 3rd quarter, trying to gain momentum, and manufacture the win.

I love these type games. I literally will starting sweating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »