Home

Pocket/Balanced QB - Secondary Attributes

This is a discussion on Pocket/Balanced QB - Secondary Attributes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Pocket/Balanced QB - Secondary Attributes

Historically, I've used dual threat QBs with zone read and spread playbooks. I've recently adopted more of a pro-style offense and begun recruiting pocket passer/balanced QBs.

This upcoming season I have two RS Freshman and an incoming Freshman on the roster and I'm not sure which one to play. All three have similar THP (88-91). THA is a larger range, but all pretty good (80-88).

My question is, what additional (secondary) attributes should I consider in picking my starter....Strength? Acceleration? Elusiveness? Height and Weight?

Any opinions or insight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pocket/Balanced QB - Secondary Attributes

when I have similar QBs I tend to look at awareness, elusiveness, and acceleration. I think awareness helps with composure especially on the road.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

I personally look at play action and throw on the run ratings. Typically a pro style offense utilizes a lot of play action and there is a noticeable difference between a quarterback with 99 play action rating and a 60 play action rating. The safeties and linebackers bite more with a higher rating, which opens up deep balls down field. Throw on the run is big for me because you're pocket passer quarterback won't typically have the speed to outrun even defensive ends. So once you start to scramble you still need to look for receivers instead of just tucking it like you would with a mobile quarterback

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 02-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I personally look at play action and throw on the run ratings. Typically a pro style offense utilizes a lot of play action and there is a noticeable difference between a quarterback with 99 play action rating and a 60 play action rating. The safeties and linebackers bite more with a higher rating, which opens up deep balls down field. Throw on the run is big for me because you're pocket passer quarterback won't typically have the speed to outrun even defensive ends. So once you start to scramble you still need to look for receivers instead of just tucking it like you would with a mobile quarterback
WHughes, I'm not familiar with these attribute ratings being in NCAA14.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

I think elusiveness is big. If it's lower than 70 I feel like my QB will not avoid the pass rush well. I also like for my balanced QB's to be at least 70 in speed, agility, and acceleration. Not to run for yards but to get outside the pocket so I can throw the ball away if need be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 PM   #6
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
WHughes, I'm not familiar with these attribute ratings being in NCAA14.
They might not be, I apologize if they aren't. I've been playing Madden almost exclusively the last 2 weeks and must've gotten them mixed up

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »