Home

Suggestions to stop long pass??

This is a discussion on Suggestions to stop long pass?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Suggestions to stop long pass??

Hi guys.

I am an australian who has finally gotten hold of this game for the first time since the PS2 was released.

I have been waiting for years for this and finally got in an NTSC version for the XBOX.

I was loving it.

I had been using some sliders for Varisty that I had found that acutally played as the ratings of the players represent. So my speedy WR could burn the LB and such. It was great.

However there is one small probelm, well damn big actually, that I am hoping someone can help me with.

THE LONG PASS....

Its not that the CPU can pull them off at will, it is the fact I can pull them off at will. Which makes me believe it is an issue with the game...A BIG ISSUE.

I play 10 Min quarters and control the left DE on defense as I like to allow the ratings of the players to actually mean something. Last night I was playing my Notre Dame dynasty and came up against Purdue at home. They where getting the odd 1st down on the ground here and there but EVERY time I had them third and long I knew what was to happen. Lob it long, reception, 40 - 50 yards...EVERY SINGLE TIME. So defence became targeted at letting them get to a 3rd and short and try to stop that. In the first half they had 400+ yards in the air and 30 points.......off 26 plays. I know I have short DB's with Notre Dame, and not very good ones, BUT COME ON. I tried reducing the QB accuracy but that means jack on long passes as the WR has time to correct.

To test this I started counting and got 10 from 10 for the CPU. I tried it as well and called the same play and 10 out of 10 just by three stop drop, lob the ball out right and my second WR comes down with it.....hmmmm...

I have not bothered taking control of the DB to stop some of the real stupid passes as my WR can still pull them off....so even if I try to stop myself from using the long pass there will be a game when I need it and there will be no risk.

So, are there any other sliders out there that can counter this?? I was only using the Varsity sliders as they allowed for pretty realistic interpretation of relative attributes. I was hoping to find some AA sliders that counteract this....but maybe it doesnt matter and what I am experiencing cannot be solved...in which case....thats the end of my NCAA and most likely Madden as the last version of that had similair issues especially with the CPU pass game.

Reducing the WR catch then stuffs up the other passes too much. Its a shame as the rest of the game was working great. I really enjoyed waiting for the blocks to take shape in the running game. The play action worked well...I was reall enjoying the game...but the long passes where always giving me hell and then Purdue came along...sheeesh.

So can anyone help this aussie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Suggestions to stop long pass??

Yeah, I know what u mean. The only thing I have found to help is to play on heisman. It's still pretty bad, but not as bad as AA or Varsity. What makes the bomb so effective is not only DB AI, but the fact that WRs can catch so extremely well downfield. In real life its difficult to catch over the shoulder but the Wrs in this game do it well. Yet, these guys who can catch 40 yard passes at will can't catch 5 yard routes. It's always been a problem in NCAA. Makes me wonder when EA is going to wake up to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »