Home

Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at?

This is a discussion on Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at?

6'1 241 lb
speed 86
strength 72
agility 81
acceleration 95
tackle 78
hit power 80
block shedding 42
power move 32
pursuit 85
play recognition 76
man 77
zone 85
break tackle 76
trucking 84
stiff arm 91

6' 2" 217 lb
speed 92
agility 88
tackle 70
hit power 72
block shedding 66
zone 75
man 72
press 78
catch 60

6'1" 212 lb
speed 90
agility 90
tackle 72
hit power 70
block shedding 38
zone 71
man 64
press 72
catch 72

I play coach mode with Blackrain37's slider set and defense is my biggest problem.

#1 would make a great short yardage back but I'm going to put him on defense. I'd like to put him at DE but his block shedding is poor so maybe linebacker?

#2 and 3 I'm leaning toward safety but they would make fast linebackers especially #2 with 60's block shedding.

Where do you think they would have the most impact?
Old 05-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Jazon654's Arena

Re: Athlete recruits - what position would you put these guys at?

#1 would be my feature back. I wouldn't even think of putting him anywhere else personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazon654
#1 would be my feature back. I wouldn't even think of putting him anywhere else personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He definitely could be a solid running back and I might make a formation specific sub to use him as such but I just started a teambuilder dynasty with the worst possible rosters - Georgia State - and in coach mode with those sliders I can't stop anybody on defense. For example I just allowed 63 points to Kansas. I need to patch holes on D and I do have a couple other athletes who will be 1 and 2 on the depth chart.

I might go with outside linebacker and use him in blitz packages. With his acceleration he might be able to turn the corner untouched and get pressure.

Last edited by tessl; 05-24-2017 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
He definitely could be a solid running back and I might make a formation specific sub to use him as such but I just started a teambuilder dynasty with the worst possible rosters - Georgia State - and in coach mode with those sliders I can't stop anybody on defense. For example I just allowed 63 points to Kansas. I need to patch holes on D and I do have a couple other athletes who will be 1 and 2 on the depth chart.

I might go with outside linebacker and use him in blitz packages. With his acceleration he might be able to turn the corner untouched and get pressure.
He's just so bad at getting off blocks that even if you blitz him he'll likely just be a non-factor unless he is getting through completely clean. TBH, he could make a beast SS, but he's not rounded enough defensively for me to put him there. I agree with the other comment and I'd put him at HB.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:04 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
He's just so bad at getting off blocks that even if you blitz him he'll likely just be a non-factor unless he is getting through completely clean. TBH, he could make a beast SS, but he's not rounded enough defensively for me to put him there. I agree with the other comment and I'd put him at HB.
Thanks, a running back he will be. How about athlete #2 - he has 60's block shedding at 217 lb. Would he be a fit at lb or is he a better safety?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks, a running back he will be. How about athlete #2 - he has 60's block shedding at 217 lb. Would he be a fit at lb or is he a better safety?
I'd put him wherever I am weakest in the secondary.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Number 1 looks like a RB or maybe a Mike Alstott-like FB. I could see him also at ROLB in a 43 cover-2 scheme, but he won't be much of a pass rusher as others have stated.

The other 2 would be pretty killer safeties.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:47 PM   #8
Rookie

zer045's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey, I like to play undersized in the front 7 for a 34 so #2 could be my weak ilb or I play a nickel where 1 of the olb is a safety.. I would use #2 there... #3 would be a db but 1 is my rb that I pound the rock with..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »