Home

How do you commit to a dynasty?

This is a discussion on How do you commit to a dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you commit to a dynasty?

Another thing I like to do is tinker with my playbook over the course of the season. Not radically, you can't install a whole new system in the middle of the year. But adding in a formation or two or a trick play for a specific week helps keep things fresh.

Like, if you're going against a team that runs a lot of power sets add in a 5-2 or 4-4 formation. Or against a spread team add in some extra 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 sets.

I also make heavy use of formation subs. Both offense and defense. On defense, for each different formation I switch out two defensive linemen and one linebacker for base sets. Nickel and Dime I just use whatever personnel are best suited, although if I have multiple Nickel/Dime sets I'll have a few different guys in there.

On offense I give my third string running back a formation or two. And for each formation switch out one of the receivers for a backup. And I'll randomly change my depth chart over the course of the year. Give someone different the backup snaps, or give young guys more playing time as the year goes on. The substitution sliders don't really work so you sort of have to do it on your own.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #34
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you commit to a dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Another thing I like to do is tinker with my playbook over the course of the season. Not radically, you can't install a whole new system in the middle of the year. But adding in a formation or two or a trick play for a specific week helps keep things fresh.

Like, if you're going against a team that runs a lot of power sets add in a 5-2 or 4-4 formation. Or against a spread team add in some extra 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 sets.

I also make heavy use of formation subs. Both offense and defense. On defense, for each different formation I switch out two defensive linemen and one linebacker for base sets. Nickel and Dime I just use whatever personnel are best suited, although if I have multiple Nickel/Dime sets I'll have a few different guys in there.

On offense I give my third string running back a formation or two. And for each formation switch out one of the receivers for a backup. And I'll randomly change my depth chart over the course of the year. Give someone different the backup snaps, or give young guys more playing time as the year goes on. The substitution sliders don't really work so you sort of have to do it on your own.
I like all these suggestions, especially for the defensive subs. My WR's already get a good spread of catches, and so does my #1-2 RB's with some formation subs, but I definitely should do more on defense. These days, a defensive line is more like a revolving door of 6-8 guys anyway to keep fresh legs.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »