Home

Injuries in Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Injuries in Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 12:59 AM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Injuries in Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Two things that I do that seems to affect my RB's fumbles:
  1. I subtract 36 from all my HB's carry rating.
  2. I hold the belief that a player is more likely to fumble when very fatigued. I play with fatigue turned on, and I subract 15 from stamina to most of my players. But I can have my lead back hit low to mid 30's totes per game before he gasses out.

I looked back the past several seasons and my 1st string back averages 2-3 fumbles per season, with a low of 1 and the worst year a guy had 6.

Also I have my RB ability slider set at 20, and I play on AA.
Thanks! I'm on AA for offense and Heisman for defense. Can you apply this to the CPU teams as well?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-11-2018, 01:21 PM   #10
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm bothered by this as well. I'll adjust the player specific injury rating but reluctantly. It lowers the players overalls and using the scale proposed here, in some cases by 4 points. I'm wondering if doing this will prevent certain players from being eligible for post season awards, leaving early, and any other things that at least have some reliable on OVR. Do we not have a global setting/slider in the editor for injuries? I thought there was a field called OIJ or something like that for scaling injuries.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 01-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #11
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

check out the thread StoneCalf mentioned. A lot of guys have put their solutions in there, its a gold mine. Personally, I don't like to take the time to edit each and every player. I just extend stuff.

If a guy gets a concussion and hes "out for the game," I bench him the next week as a "concussion protocol." The week after, its a coin flip to see if he returns (since concussions can vary).

Most stuff that is out for a game otherwise, IE sprains and such, I will either bench or use in a very limited way the following week or two as well. When my starting RB got an ankle sprain, he played only 4 third downs the following week, and like 10 plays the week after. You can apply this to nasty looking hits that somehow your guy bounces up from too.

A few times throughout the season I will do a coin flip to see about someone getting hurt during practice. If its a go, I use a random # generator to see who. It made me miss out on my starting TE and C for a couple weeks.

Someone once did the research and showed the average team loses something like 22 starts per season due to injury. Meaning each time a guy is out for a game, that's one missed start. I have geared my injury simulation toward trying to hit somewhere near that number.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #12
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
If a guy gets a concussion and hes "out for the game," I bench him the next week as a "concussion protocol." The week after, its a coin flip to see if he returns (since concussions can vary).

Most stuff that is out for a game otherwise, IE sprains and such, I will either bench or use in a very limited way the following week or two as well. When my starting RB got an ankle sprain, he played only 4 third downs the following week, and like 10 plays the week after. You can apply this to nasty looking hits that somehow your guy bounces up from too.

A few times throughout the season I will do a coin flip to see about someone getting hurt during practice. If its a go, I use a random # generator to see who. It made me miss out on my starting TE and C for a couple weeks.
Right now I'm strictly enforcing the concussion protocol where the player misses the following game, but I like these other ideas as well. Really good thoughts on something like an ankle sprain limiting a player's participation the following week.

Quote:
Personally, I don't like to take the time to edit each and every player. I just extend stuff.
That's certainly understandable. It is a grind every off season to edit attributes on every incoming player. Then, if you make a coaching change, then good grief, there's all 70 players. It's very tedious, but it's a labor of love and what it affords me motivates me to trudge through.

Quote:
Someone once did the research and showed the average team loses something like 22 starts per season due to injury. Meaning each time a guy is out for a game, that's one missed start. I have geared my injury simulation toward trying to hit somewhere near that number.
Yep, the reason I go to all that effort is really two-fold. First, I'm trying to make the game more realistic and accurately reflect the injury rate in real life. Second, it add's to the challenge when players go down. In my current dynasty, I lost (for the season) my top running back in my very first game of the season. It stung, and the drop-off to my other HB's was significant. As a result, my running game struggled all season long.

That's life though. Each and every year, Alabama (in real life) suffers at least one season-ending injury for a starter. 2017 was no different. Aside from numerous significant injuries with durations of several games, the Tide lost a starting TE in the first part of the season, and then a SR LB toward the latter part.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 01-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

One strange thing I've noticed, since I've turned fatigue off in my latest dynasty, I get a lot more lingering injuries (where it will last weeks), and even had a season ending one, whereas I rarely would get anything, if ever, with fatigue on.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #14
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

So I know this is an old thread, but what do you do if you have an Olineman that's already under 80? Do you put them at 0?
Old 06-08-2020, 10:33 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
So I know this is an old thread, but what do you do if you have an Olineman that's already under 80? Do you put them at 0?
Yes, and even after doing so, OL injuries are pretty much nonexistent. I've seen one or two in multiple long-term dynasties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 12:47 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Yes, and even after doing so, OL injuries are pretty much nonexistent. I've seen one or two in multiple long-term dynasties.
I don't even bother editing the OL injuries anymore. Saves you about 5 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »