Home

What post-season system do you use for your dynasty?

This is a discussion on What post-season system do you use for your dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What post-season system do you use for your dynasty?

Do you use the standard BCS system? Do you use the mod to make 4-team playoffs? 8-team playoffs? 16-team playoffs?! Who qualifies for them? Do you flip a coin to determine your national champion?

I personally found trying to use the Editor to make a playoff system too difficult and time-consuming to do. So I'm trying to get some ideas on what other people do in their saves.

I'm thinking about just going into the Exhibition screen and simming a 16-team playoff with all 10 conference winners and the 6 highest-ranked teams without a conference championship (seeded by SOS, then re-seeded each round). The big downside with this of course is that it doesn't account for any attribute increases, injuries, or incoming recruits once you get past the first season.

What do you do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Re: What post-season system do you use for your dynasty?

I use the editor and do 4 team playoff but I’m thinking of expanding to a 6 team playoff sometime between 2022 and 2024 (currently in 2021)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

rutgersfan922's Arena

Don’t mean to hijack this thread but I’ve been trying to make a 4 team playoff for over a year and I get the same error message (link to picture of message) in the editor every time. Modio never works for me so I use the horizon method. Please help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1g...ew?usp=sharing

Old 11-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
Pro

NolesFanatic17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgersfan922
Don’t mean to hijack this thread but I’ve been trying to make a 4 team playoff for over a year and I get the same error message (link to picture of message) in the editor every time. Modio never works for me so I use the horizon method. Please help.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1g...ew?usp=sharing

I’m on PS3, never heard of modio so I assume you’re on Xbox if I could help I would but I know nothing of that setup

Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

I usually use the standard BCS system. I don't really have the time to sit down and figure out how to work the editor and I tend to use a lot of Teambuilder teams as well every once in a while, so I just stick to the standard BCS system. One day, I'll probably sit down and figure out the editor and run a dynasty using a playoff, but I'm still having fun without it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

I haven’t figured out how to mod but I don’t mind using the BCS system. Something about having to win EVERY week to be 1 or 2 at season’s end puts so much pressure on you. If you are down at the half, it’s nail biting time. Lose a game? You start scoreboard watching DURING your game.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 AM   #7
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I stick with the 4-Team playoff. It takes enough time as it is that I don’t see myself expanding it to six or eight teams any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would love to use the 4-team playoff (especially after my latest season where 3 teams finished undefeated and my school was left sitting at #3), but I always run dynasties with teambuilder, so I have no choice but to use the BCS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »