Home

All uniforms MIGHT be available

This is a discussion on All uniforms MIGHT be available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All uniforms MIGHT be available

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Mods are one thing...sharing paid content crosses the line of piracy.

If legality is your measuring stick it’s all wrong. I’m fine with it all. I don’t see how they could track the packs but I’ll ask my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-02-2018, 11:17 AM   #10
Rookie

FarFromEer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine247
If legality is your measuring stick it’s all wrong.
It is wrong to say legality shouldn't be used as a measuring stick. We all do it, but we all have varying degrees on how we feel it should be applied. Many drivers drive over the posted legal speed limit, but most of those same drivers would draw the line at other illegal activities, such as theft or murder.

Going back to what I said earlier, you first need to find someone that is willing to share the files with you.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #11
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

Quote:
It is wrong to say legality shouldn't be used as a measuring stick. We all do it, but we all have varying degrees on how we feel it should be applied. Many drivers drive over the posted legal speed limit, but most of those same drivers would draw the line at other illegal activities, such as theft or murder.

Going back to what I said earlier, you first need to find someone that is willing to share the files with you.

Legal is legal. It doesn’t matter what your personal opinion is. If you were to get stopped for speeding you get a ticket. You can’t say, “I don’t feel this is illegal”.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
Rookie

You may be right, but modifying the game's core files and running homebrew would require a JTAG/RGH. I may purchase a new Xbox to JTAG just to test whether I can edit the DLC uniforms.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

You’re talking above my pay grade buddy. My friend uses terms like that and I just look blankly at him. Lol. He usually just takes a computer and does it. I’m trying to start doing this stuff myself. Slowly I’m learning.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:44 PM   #14
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine247
Legal is legal. It doesn’t matter what your personal opinion is. If you were to get stopped for speeding you get a ticket. You can’t say, “I don’t feel this is illegal”.
I think you're missing mcfeenathan's point, migraine. He's saying there are varying types of violations in law.

Speeding is an infraction, minor violation. He's not saying they can argue "I don't feel this is legal." He's arguing someone may be willing to speed, but will stop short of something more serious...such as theft. Speeding is an infraction with a minor fine. Theft is a misdemeanor that could result in jail time. The two are both violations, but one is more serious with more consequences. That's what mcfeenathan is saying.

Translating that to the game: modding your own game disc/files, in actuality, is pretty minor. It's your game, you paid for it, most people feel free to use it as they please. It's something that is kept to just themselves. Sharing the uniform packs, however, something that has to be paid for, could easily be considered theft. That's a bit more serious and people don't want to mess with that.

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #15
Rookie

migraine247's Arena

Regardless I’ll have an answer in a couple weeks. I’ve found a source that worked for EA Sports. But he’s on vacation. Once I know you’ll all know. Maybe. Depends on how I rate the legality of it. . Seems we draw lines wherever we want.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
Rookie

DeLaPo808's Arena

So if someone had all the packs they couldn't upload them even if they wanted to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »