Home

NCAA 05 boils down to this

This is a discussion on NCAA 05 boils down to this within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA 05 boils down to this

Versus 04, NCAA 05 has

- Much better stadium atmosphere
- A better running game
- All the composure ratings and stuff and the matchup stick which I personally could care less about but to each his own.
- A passing game which when you get down to it just isn't as much fun or as effective as last year's (including the CPU passing game)
- Worse special teams play (still can't block punts and FG's and now kickoff returns almost never go past the 30.)

So all in all is 05 better in my eyes...yea maybe a tiny bit. The atmosphere and running game go a long way to me. But the passing game really has me bummed. Even though my passing stats are more "realistic" now, the passing just isn't as much fun as before. They really "maddenized" this game a bit too much for me.

So there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 11:47 AM   #2
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 05 boils down to this

The passing has some new issues now, but the passing in '04 was way to easy. WAY too easy. As in the coverages being extremely easy to exploit.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rns
The passing has some new issues now, but the passing in '04 was way to easy. WAY too easy. As in the coverages being extremely easy to exploit.
Yeah, in 2004 I had a couple money plays that I knew I could complete every time for about a 10 yard gain. They got rid of that in 2005, making it much more challenging. 2005 is a more challenging game as a whole, IMO.
Cincinnati Bearcats

Old 08-20-2004, 03:30 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Also the running game online is non-existant unless you get a few breaks on the option or run the infamous qb draw aroud the corner.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:44 PM   #5
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

OVR: 12

agreed, but after a few seasons, i don't really care about the bad stuff. I'm just going through season after season to get my draft classes, and rack up time on the sports bio.

Example: I had a ROLB rated 96 and I did everything possible to get him as many tackles and sacks as I could. He broke all the records and won all the LB awards. When I first got the game, I wouldn't have done that because it's not realistic. Now I don't care. It's kind of fun though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Also the running game online is non-existant unless you get a few breaks on the option or run the infamous qb draw aroud the corner.
I run all the time online. You're going to have to take some no-gains and losses, but online most people seem to be using a lot of nickles and dimes. You can totally exploit that for 4-6 yard gains on a consistant basis. Most people get too impatient and give up on the run too early.

I think most people have a problem with running because they don't allow the play to develop. You simply can't just hit the speed boost and burst through the line like in previous years. You have to wait for the hole to open and hit speed burst when you see only the green.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:23 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I disagree. I do neither and have had several big games running the ball.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpoet
I run all the time online. You're going to have to take some no-gains and losses, but online most people seem to be using a lot of nickles and dimes. You can totally exploit that for 4-6 yard gains on a consistant basis. Most people get too impatient and give up on the run too early.

I think most people have a problem with running because they don't allow the play to develop. You simply can't just hit the speed boost and burst through the line like in previous years. You have to wait for the hole to open and hit speed burst when you see only the green.

I completely agree...it really make a difference if you don't his speed burst until after you're in the the hole...I am usually very successful running the ball online, the key is you have to be satisfied with 4-5 yards a pop instead of expecting to break a long one (although I get one every now and then).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »