Home

Has Anyone Used the Editors for 5+ Dynasty Years Successfully?

This is a discussion on Has Anyone Used the Editors for 5+ Dynasty Years Successfully? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Has Anyone Used the Editors for 5+ Dynasty Years Successfully?

I've recently started playing again and have been reading about the different editors here. I've read through the threads regarding the Generic Editor, the Dynasty Editor, and mjavon's Dynasty tool.

I'm just wanting to edit players, recruits, and coaches throughout my dynasty. However, it seems like this always leads to file problems after 5 or so dynasty years due to player IDs being repeated. Has anyone been able to use any of these editors to edit players, recruits, and coaches in their dynasties without eventual file problems?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has Anyone Used the Editors for 5+ Dynasty Years Successfully?

I created a "fictional" roster. I simmed 5 seasons to get all of the players who were on the out of the box roster out of the game and replaced by all game recruit generated players. I then copied the roster in year 6 of the dynasty and then pasted it through Excel on an unedited unnamed out of the box roster. What ended up happening is in year 6, there were 3 players on South Alabama's team that were showing up cosmetically on the roster but couldn't be edited in-game. They had duplicate player ID's of 3 players on LSU's team. How this happened i don't know. They should have no longer been on the roster at all and although they were showing up they were usable. Myself and a few others tried simming season 1 of a Dynasty and it would always freeze at week 15.

How I caught the issue and fixed it was to load the roster in the editor and then sorted player ID's from largest to smallest and those players from South Alabama with the duplicate ID's showed up at the top. I right clicked on each player and deleted them from the roster and it fixed the issue.

This could be one of the problems that occurs after year 5. You may have players who should be gone from the roster somehow still showing by way of some sort of glitch and therefore holding on to a player ID of someone else on the roster. I can't say for sure though because even with this happening i was still able to load the roster in each editor.

A workaround for you is to maybe do what i did. If you get to a point where the editor no longer works export the dynasty roster in excel, load up a base roster in the editor and then import the dynasty roster onto the base roster and start over. You will still have all the players, coaches and stuff from your dynasty. You'll just have to start from scratch.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Wow. I had never even considered doing something like the process you laid out. Thank you for your incredibly helpful reply! Is there a thread you know of where the steps of what you did were documented?

Again, thanks for taking the time to type that out.

Last edited by Matt23134; 07-03-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

No problem man. Here is my fictional roster thread where i documented the steps i used. If you have any issues ill be glad to help.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...al-roster.html

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-03-2018 at 03:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »