Home

Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking

This is a discussion on Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 01:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Revivifying USER Field Goal Kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jerni
For instance, say you are on the left hash. After you've lined up for the FG, the arrow is pointing to the left of the left goal post. What do you do with the arrow?
A) Move the arrow further to the left
B) Leave the arrow where it is
C) Move the arrow so that it aims to the right of the right goalpost
D) something else?

Now say you are exactly in between the UPRIGHTS. Do you
E) Move the arrow so that it points outside either of the goalposts (your choice)
F) Leave the arrow where it is
G) something else?
Great questions, should help me clear things up.

Question 1: The answer is C. This is what the lines on the aiming cone are used for. Too far, and a kick becomes impossible to make.

Question 2 (slightly amended): You move the arrow to the opposite side. If the ball is spotted dead center of the field, it works fine to pick either side to move the arrow to. Again though, the aiming cone is the crucial part. You don't even look at the arrow. Ball spotted inside the uprights = top line of power meter should be aligned halfway between the center and left/right lines of the cone (depending on which side of center field the ball is spotted on). Ball spotted outside of the uprights = left or right line of cone aligned perfectly with top line of power meter.

I hope this helps. I know it sounds confusing at first, but if you go to practice and read along with what I wrote, I'm sure it will make sense.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
could you post a video or some screen shots? I think I understand what youre saying but im not entirely sure. thanks.
Attempting to take pics, but it turns out that I have the most non-user friendly piece of **** camera in the world, so... we'll see.

Alright, edited into OP.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 07-20-2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #11
Pro

It's essentially what Bullet was saying, where you use the right stick to do the aiming. Only, instead of leaving the aiming straight, in its natural position, you move it to the most difficult, yet still makeable position. This is why the cone and its lines are what is relevant and crucial, and the arrow should be ignored. If you just move the arrow outside of the uprights at random, there are kicks that can't be made. If you go by the lines in the cone, every kick can be made or missed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #12
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

What a find this is. Messed around with this in practice mode last night. Any recommendations for cpu sliders?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
What a find this is. Messed around with this in practice mode last night. Any recommendations for cpu sliders?

Glad someone gave it a go and enjoyed it. As for CPU sliders, I've just been going with the standard community sliders, which is FG POW - 70 & FG ACC - 35. Since implementing this setup, 10 games in, my senior kicker is 8-11 (72%), with a long of 44. 2 of the 3, I missed, and the other was a shank that was on target but only went about 20-25 yards. It looked like the kicks from when I tested kicker accuracy attributes under 45 (actually more like when you kick with someone out of position - something else I initially tested). This just so happened to be his next kick, following a botched extra point, before I learned the hook on those. Which I find very interesting, because I've had QBs & RBs get "rattled". So, if this could now possibly happen to kickers, I think I would enjoy the unpredictability, rather than it being a negative. Plus, in that same game, he went on to make his next kick. So, if that was the case, he was able to recover, which is great. I still need to do more in-game testing, but really enjoying it so far.

My stats vs CPU:

Top kickers in the nation - 11 guys are between 90-100%

My kicker - 8-11 (72%)

Worst kickers in the nation - 16 guys are between 33-50%

Longest field goals - 2 guys with 56, 4 guys with 55. In this kicking system, I find that max USER range using a kicker with 99 PWR is 55-56 yards. So, this works out perfectly. My kicker's (86 kick power) long is 44 so far. In practice, I find his max range to be about 46-47.

Before I took over UTEP, in his first two years, he went 7-11 & 10-19. So, this is definitely a lot closer to sim than just banging out 100%.

I feel like I can sometimes feel a difference in SR, JR, SO, & FR QBs, regardless of what the attributes say "on paper". So, my next thought is - does the same thing apply to kickers? 12 of the 16 worst kickers mentioned above are FR, so we'll see. If my kicker did in fact get "rattled", was he able to recover better/quicker being a (RS)SR than an underclassman would? Only time will tell, but I'll be sure to give updates with stats and scenarios.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 07-22-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #14
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
Glad someone gave it a go and enjoyed it. As for CPU sliders, I've just been going with the standard community sliders, which is FG POW - 70 & FG ACC - 35. Since implementing this setup, 10 games in, my senior kicker is 8-11 (72%), with a long of 44. 2 of the 3, I missed, and the other was a shank that was on target but only went about 20-25 yards. It looked like the kicks from when I tested kicker accuracy attributes under 45 (actually more like when you kick with someone out of position - something else I initially tested). This just so happened to be his next kick, following a botched extra point, before I learned the hook on those. Which I find very interesting, because I've had QBs & RBs get "rattled". So, if this could now possibly happen to kickers, I think I would enjoy the unpredictability, rather than it being a negative. Plus, in that same game, he went on to make his next kick. So, if that was the case, he was able to recover, which is great. I still need to do more in-game testing, but really enjoying it so far.

My stats vs CPU:

Top kickers in the nation - 11 guys are between 90-100%

My kicker - 8-11 (72%)

Worst kickers in the nation - 16 guys are between 33-50%

Longest field goals - 2 guys with 56, 4 guys with 55. In this kicking system, I find that max USER range using a kicker with 99 PWR is 55-56 yards. So, this works out perfectly. My kicker's (86 kick power) long is 44 so far. In practice, I find his max range to be about 46-47.

Before I took over UTEP, in his first two years, he went 7-11 & 10-19. So, this is definitely a lot closer to sim than just banging out 100%.

I feel like I can sometimes feel a difference in SR, JR, SO, & FR QBs, regardless of what the attributes say "on paper". So, my next thought is - does the same thing apply to kickers? 12 of the 16 worst kickers mentioned above are FR, so we'll see. If my kicker did in fact get "rattled", was he able to recover better/quicker being a (RS)SR than an underclassman would? Only time will tell, but I'll be sure to give updates with stats and scenarios.
I have the same slider setup for the cpu. Going to start playing some games with this setup. Been playing a replay of last season while waiting on the new community rosters to drop. So I'll be playing with a variety of kickers.

Something to consider is the awareness within the classes of kickers. Possibly the combination of awareness and accuracy.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I have the same slider setup for the cpu. Going to start playing some games with this setup. Been playing a replay of last season while waiting on the new community rosters to drop. So I'll be playing with a variety of kickers.

Something to consider is the awareness within the classes of kickers. Possibly the combination of awareness and accuracy.

I've had the same thoughts. Out of convenience, I did test a kicker with 99 AWR & 99 KPW vs a punter with those same attributes, and also both with 99 KPW, but one with 99 AWR and one with 0 AWR. I couldn't tell any difference in either scenario, but A) I only tested in practice, and B) like you said, really need to test with two actual kickers. I still have a few ideas to try out, so I appreciate the ideas/feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #16
Rookie

I'm thinking of trying this...but i'm still confused what the "aiming cone" is...I've only ever noticed the arrow...pics would be VERY helpful...my excuse is i'm a visual learner but that's mostly BS as I just don't understand it. Ha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »