Home

wow, ncaa 2005 is getting tore up

This is a discussion on wow, ncaa 2005 is getting tore up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2004, 03:11 PM   #17
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: wow, ncaa 2005 is getting tore up

its a great game but if u have it for xbox the slowdown really ruins it which is y i havent even finished one year of my franchise yet. maybe went college football actually starts ill get back into it. but the slowdown really kills the great gameplay
Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 PM   #18
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
Gameplay... good grief, let's not kid ourselves, the game is a bust on the default settings - didn't EA Sports play test this?
I wonder this to myself at times.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #19
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

The gameplay is not an improvement in 2005 over 2004. No one can convince me that it is.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #20
Rookie

yopis's Arena

I had 15 dropped passes today on heisman with no sliders with my dynasty team playing lsu in year three.Alot of times wide open too this game is a joke i have all of them since bill walsh and this is the worst of the bunch.they have all the talent working on ps3 and xbox 2 kits i bet.

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/r...afootball2005-2

Read that
Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #21
Rookie

yopis's Arena

Sorry try this one last one was broken sorry for mess up guys

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/re...football2005-2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #22
Rookie

FunNgunGATOR's Arena

OVR: 1

This game is terrible............. You cant pass and I HATE the way the players move, If they don't change it I and many others arn't buying the game next year. It's just plain horrible. You can't even throw the football accurately or catch a ball without controlling the recievers and 50% of the time they still drop the ball. DL's are not going to catch a running back from behind, I play this game everyday but I've broke 2 controllers over it, it makes me so mad, EA really messed up a good thing with this new 05 NCAA I hope they fix it.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

i instantly loved 04, and i actually thought about returning 05 after initially playing it because i found it so frustrating to pass. however, after some patience, practice, and slider adjustments, i've grown to love this year's game just as much as 04.

what i do hate are the dbs with 40" verticals who can superhumanely jump backwards to deflect passes. the volleyball routine between the dbs is also annoying; i don't know why ea had to screw with the ball physics this year.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:30 AM   #24
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree, ppen. There are too many deflections and they made the bounce physics wack.

Drops are a problem, but on ps2, camera shake off, with good slider settings, you can cut drops to about 5 a game even if you throw 35 times and even if you don't do manual user catching.
And then once you get the hang of the passing game... knowing what works and where to throw so that the DB's can't get their hand on as many throws... and set your guys up for good run after catch opportunities (which is very possible even on Heisman)... this game is super fun along with the improved running. The better you get, it's surprisinghow much less superhuman the DB's seem to be... but, I don't deny they DO have some unreal skills.

I LOVE how getting my QB to throw a QB rating of 160 for a game is an achievement. 2004 passing was just way too easy. 190 rating every single game. If you love it the first time you pick it up, it'll usually end up too easy in just a few weeks.

Of course that's also the problem... this game is harder to get the hang of so more people gave up or are giving up on it. But do these people think it's easy to be a top notch QB in real life even if you've got the physical tools? It should be hard. For those who don't like that, that's why there's 4 difficulty levels to choose from.

Last edited by rns; 09-02-2004 at 02:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »