Home

Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well)

This is a discussion on Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #25
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which one to play?? (finally able to get PS2 emulator playing well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
IMHO none of the games work well with the default sliders in any mode.
Updated rosters for any of the games from 05-11 is pretty easy to do now with the conversion tool I made. I put the rosters out for 06 and 11 since they are the most popular but a simple renaming of the files will make them work with any other game in the 05-11 era of PS2 games.
Yes, I am aware of that - they all have faults of some sort (ughh, '08 pursuit angles - lots of lemming lines ). But I do need to establish some sort of default baseline for tweaking later anyways.

And cool about the rosters and conversion -- I may be looking into perhaps getting an '09 or '10 version and that sounds relatively easy to do, we'll see.

Side note: '11 - I have read mention by somebody very excited that there were sooo many 5-star players available for recruiting...ummm, this however doesn't excite me. Can anybody confirm that '11 has very talented recuiting classes year after year (or in any of them? - is there an unrealistic flaw in the talent pools?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
NCAA 11.
I never noticed the minor uniform glitches, and stadium sizes that that Esayem mentions.
The difference between the major programs and smaller schools is that about half your games will not have play by play commentary, unless you are playing a rivalry game or a top 25 program. which is nice.
On the field, you will be amazed by the gameplay. of course you will need minor gameplay slider tweaks,(mine are minimal). but you wont have to touch things like the penalty sliders. there's a good balance of penalties called. you will see, un-sportsman like penalties, holding, roughing the kicker, and yes defensive pass interference. and the penalties are not phantom penalties. the games where the pass interference gets called, I actually see it.

there is no robo qb in this game also. passes fall short or are over thrown. you'll see proper ball reaction/physics based on the type of throws, pressure etc.

knowing your roster is also important. things like who you have fielding punts and kick offs will determine whether you fumble or not, same for running backs.

all the in game adjustments found in Madden's later releases are in this game as well.

there is game prep as well.

player violations and suspensions, teams are put on probation, teams are kicked out of conferences for poor play, you of course can get fired.

you want to see what RPM should look and feel like, play NCAA11. the players feel grounded and have proper weight. quick players are quick.

I can go on and on about NCAA 11. its the most slept on version and is equal to NCAA 14.

there is also a broadcast camera.

the negatives:
QBR stats are not correct.. they are high for very team, the equation they used was incorrect. they are high but falls in line with the rest of your dynasty
QB sacks are high- so I had to adjust the pass protection sliders
INT's and fumbles are high- also had to lower them
this may not effect your legacy since you play coach mode.

here is a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anx094GWKvg
Can you share your sliders? I am very interested.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdroid
IMHO none of the games work well with the default sliders in any mode. 06 is still my top choice. I do kind of wish it had medical redshirts but not a big enough deal because everything about it outweighs the newer editions. For 10/11, I really dislike the presentation and the choice of fonts. It looks like a teenager made it thinking it looked really cool, but it does not, at least in my opinion. And unfortunately, the presentation is a big part of the game since I have to stare at it for 1-2 hours at a time non-stop.

Updated rosters for any of the games from 05-11 is pretty easy to do now with the conversion tool I made. I put the rosters out for 06 and 11 since they are the most popular but a simple renaming of the files will make them work with any other game in the 05-11 era of PS2 games. I think i can do it for xbox but have had only 1 tester so far and was able to do it for Madden but not yet for NCAA series.

The momentum meter of the newer games is really annoying too. Its worst in 07 which is frustrating for an otherwise great game.
Can you post the link to the tutorial on how to convert the rosters? I would love to get these on 09 and 10. Also is it possible to convert your dynasty mod too?
Old 10-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #28
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Will just throw this up here in case it might be of some use to anyone in the future, idk

Some stat averages based upon default on-field game engine

DEFAULT, VARSITY (no boosting or modifications to player ratings), 9 Min Quarters, AI vs AI (16 games, varied match-ups):

NCAA ‘09 NCAA ‘10 NCAA ‘11

Pass Completion % 60.12, 58.99, 56.72
Interception % 3.73, 4.13 , 7.38
Av. Yards per Comp 14.14, 13.40, 13.59
Av. Sacks per T per g 4.71, 7.36, 6.21
YPC Rushing** 5.22, 4.72, 2.86
Av. points scored 34.50, 27.43, 22.50
Av. margin of victory 20.71, 27.43, 21.71

**only main runner stats used (disregarded QB rushing altogether as game tracks it wrong)

--this only shows a tendency of the default on-field game engines for each of these editions. No, I did not do '05,'06,'07,'08 to the extent that I did these 3 editions as they all had issues/things that I did not like or bothered me greatly.

Happy gaming

(PS, sorry it wouldn't let me keep my nice lined up format)
Old 11-21-2018, 02:51 AM   #29
Rookie

binga30's Arena

I always had trouble with the ps2 emulator too many graphical glitches. Any tips? What specs are you running?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
I always had trouble with the ps2 emulator too many graphical glitches. Any tips? What specs are you running?

Which versions of pcsx2 are you using? I'd suggest using the dev builds since they're the most updated/supported and everything should run fine out of the box with them. Also what PC or laptop are you playing on?
Old 11-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #31
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Its an older rig = i5 2500k 16gb ram ssd and hd7950 gpu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 PM   #32
Rookie

Jet5195wvu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
Its an older rig = i5 2500k 16gb ram ssd and hd7950 gpu

If the issue is missing crowds set Clamping Mode to Extra + Preserve Sign.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/NCAA_Football_06

I hope this helps!
Tampa Bay Rays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »