Home

Some tips for returning player

This is a discussion on Some tips for returning player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

So pretty much last year in December my Xbox 360 took a crap on me and it ended up ruining my copy of Ncaa Football 14. Sad day for sure haha. A year later almost, I’m picking up PS3 and copy of the game off amazon. Total was like $150. New copy of the game too! What a steal! Anyways... What do you guys recommend for rosters? I’m not sure what rosters to download for PS3. What are the opinions on fatigue off and on? Slider recommendations? I noticed last I played that second half seemed rather too easy. Finally, what are some tips or ideas to make it harder for recruiting, keep the dynasty interesting?

Much appreciated for any replies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Some tips for returning player

Sliders: I recommend JKit's, definitely the toughest I've used

Fatigue: your call really. I like it on, some like it off. I turn it off for the second half kickoff then back on after the kickoff, it seems to somewhat reset it in a way, it could be placebo lol. I feel like the CPU remains competitive longer that way, but the surest way to handle that is to turn it off. If you want it off, just use formation subs to get guys in the game.

Recruiting: Make some house rules. For example, in mine:

any 5* recruit must start, and a 4* is supposed to see the field (so they can't redshirt).

Only recruit the same amount of players as leaving +3, so if have 12 seniors, recruit 12+3, so 15 guys.

Don't persuade guys to stay if they've been around 4 years (sr or RS jr), and don't pursuade anyone who is projected 3rd round or higher.

If I break my rules, I could be docked scholarships or something.

Coaching trees: Don't use the OC, DC, or gameplan coaching trees. Recruiting tree is fine, but the others give the user a major advantage and make the game easy

Best of luck, enjoy the game!

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #3
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Sliders: I recommend JKit's, definitely the toughest I've used

Fatigue: your call really. I like it on, some like it off. I turn it off for the second half kickoff then back on after the kickoff, it seems to somewhat reset it in a way, it could be placebo lol. I feel like the CPU remains competitive longer that way, but the surest way to handle that is to turn it off. If you want it off, just use formation subs to get guys in the game.

Recruiting: Make some house rules. For example, in mine:

any 5* recruit must start, and a 4* is supposed to see the field (so they can't redshirt).

Only recruit the same amount of players as leaving +3, so if have 12 seniors, recruit 12+3, so 15 guys.

Don't persuade guys to stay if they've been around 4 years (sr or RS jr), and don't pursuade anyone who is projected 3rd round or higher.

If I break my rules, I could be docked scholarships or something.

Coaching trees: Don't use the OC, DC, or gameplan coaching trees. Recruiting tree is fine, but the others give the user a major advantage and make the game easy

Best of luck, enjoy the game!

Sweet, thanks so much for the reply man! One more question, what is recommend level for how fast coaches should level up? I always picked slow but not sure if that’s the best choice.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 11-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Sweet, thanks so much for the reply man! One more question, what is recommend level for how fast coaches should level up? I always picked slow but not sure if that’s the best choice.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
I personally go on slow. I think it was ZN30 that recommended perhaps trying fast. The reason is that CPU coaches progress at the same rate, so on fast they will level up quicker and therefore be a bigger challenge to beat. If you aren't using the coaching trees anyway, it doesn't matter very much what setting you use for yourself.

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #5
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

As far as recruiting house rules this is what I go with. It really simplifies things which is nice, but it’s also extremely challenging.

Recruiting
-Can recruit up to 70 players
-No Scouting until signed (20 players who will not be recruited will be added in the preseason to use scouting points)
-Fill board in preseason with 35 players. This cannot be changed in the regular season.
-Can recruit any players who are the same star rating as my prestige if I am in their top 10.
-Can recruit Alabama (home state) and New Orleans (coaches hometown) +1 star level if top 10 or +2 if top 3.
-Can recruit Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee (border states and pipelines) +1 star level if top 5.
-Can recruit any 1* (2* at 3* prestige 3* at 6* prestige), lose 50 points a week. This is an emergency option if not enough players show interest.
-Can recruit any 3 players who have me at number 1 regardless.
-Must scout players every week after commitment. This will be considered a soft commitment and will be used to make recruiting harder. Any player who is scouted 100% in regular season will be considered an early enrollee and will receive an awareness and strength boost between 5 and 15. Must “declare” by final bye week (ie have enough weeks left to reach 100%).
-Broken house rules result in an NCAA violation

Point Limitations
700-Within 50 miles of Mobile (hometown)
500-Alabama (home state)
400-Border State (Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee) or Pipeline (Florida, Mississippi, Georgia)
300-Bordering a border state (Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina)
250-Regional (Must have a team from that state in your conference. 2013 Sun Belt: Texas)
200-National
100-Alaska, Canada, or Hawaii
Unlimited-Offseason
NBA-Sonics :'(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
As far as recruiting house rules this is what I go with. It really simplifies things which is nice, but it’s also extremely challenging.

Recruiting

-Can recruit up to 70 players

-No Scouting until signed (20 players who will not be recruited will be added in the preseason to use scouting points)

-Fill board in preseason with 35 players. This cannot be changed in the regular season.

-Can recruit any players who are the same star rating as my prestige if I am in their top 10.

-Can recruit Alabama (home state) and New Orleans (coaches hometown) +1 star level if top 10 or +2 if top 3.

-Can recruit Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee (border states and pipelines) +1 star level if top 5.

-Can recruit any 1* (2* at 3* prestige 3* at 6* prestige), lose 50 points a week. This is an emergency option if not enough players show interest.

-Can recruit any 3 players who have me at number 1 regardless.

-Must scout players every week after commitment. This will be considered a soft commitment and will be used to make recruiting harder. Any player who is scouted 100% in regular season will be considered an early enrollee and will receive an awareness and strength boost between 5 and 15. Must “declare” by final bye week (ie have enough weeks left to reach 100%).

-Broken house rules result in an NCAA violation

Point Limitations

700-Within 50 miles of Mobile (hometown)

500-Alabama (home state)

400-Border State (Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee) or Pipeline (Florida, Mississippi, Georgia)

300-Bordering a border state (Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina)

250-Regional (Must have a team from that state in your conference. 2013 Sun Belt: Texas)

200-National

100-Alaska, Canada, or Hawaii

Unlimited-Offseason

I used to do rules like this, but it just became too much and too much of a hassle lol. That’s when I switched to my 4* and 5* rules.

I also have a “homegrown” rule. I must maintain at least 45 players on the roster from CA (schools location). I also have to favor any recruit from CA first, so if two guys are 3* I have to target the in state player first

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 11-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #7
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Thank you guys for the replies... much appreciated!

I’m thinking of doing Chattanooga Mocs as my teambuilder team and coming up with a Storyline they got moved up finally from FCS. What conference would you put this team in?
I’m thinking SEC, but I’m not sure if that would make much sense?

Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Thank you guys for the replies... much appreciated!

I’m thinking of doing Chattanooga Mocs as my teambuilder team and coming up with a Storyline they got moved up finally from FCS. What conference would you put this team in?
I’m thinking SEC, but I’m not sure if that would make much sense?

I’d start them off in sun belt or C-USA, no way SEC takes a newcomer. As you get better maybe go American, then ultimately SEC.

FYI, the team builder site hasn’t been working for 3 months. They claim it’ll be fixed.

You can still download any team that’s already made, so unless you made Chattanooga already you will have to search for one that’s made

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »