Home

Has anyone tried Catch Assist to improve drops?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried Catch Assist to improve drops? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
Has anyone tried Catch Assist to improve drops?

Has anyone turned on the Catch Assist ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Has anyone tried Catch Assist to improve drops?

Something to try..
Old 08-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Has anyone turned on the Catch Assist ?
The preliminary test on this is not good at all. I have been getting the CPU to throw for 50+% by playing on Heisman with AWR and Knockdowns at 0. Also the CPU and Human ACC and WR Catch sliders are maxed. So, I solved the CPU pass % problem, but was still having way too many drops to enjoy this game. So, I turned on the Catch Assist for HUM, which also turns it on for the CPU and grays out the WR Catch slider for HUM and CPU. What happened? Well, I think I see a difference for the good for HUM as I seemed to have less drops. However, for some strange freaking reason, the CPU drops everything now!!! It is ridiculous and is the main reason I think this game stinks. Maybe it was just a fluke, but for some reason I doubt it. I'll try again and post the results. Again, why would Catch Assist make the CPU drops passes?????
Old 08-30-2004, 10:47 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

No, I think you're right KP. I tried it for five games. My recievers were great, dropping maybe 2 or 3 easy catches a game. It was a nightmare for the CPU however, they were dropping 10-11 balls every game. Not once in those five games did the CPU QB throw above 35%

I never thought I'd hear myself say this with this game(BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1 EVEN!!!), but I'm close to throwing in the towel. In fact I had decided to stop playing and just recruit and export, when I recruited my first #1 class ever. So now I've decided to give it one more chance, but man am I disappointed with the gameplay people on this devel. team. They fixed 15 little things that were wrong with last years game, but they butchered 4 or 5 major elements that just crushed the long term playability of this game. Oh,well everybody messed up sometimes.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:26 AM   #5
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Unhappy Re: Has anyone tried Catch Assist to improve drops?

Hear...hear... I'm With You On That Jfsolo!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 07:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn, so is there anything we can do to have decent games? I'm actually playing this more than Madden because I'm waiting for new roster updates to play Madden but that's besides the point. I was playing a game this morning in my new dynasty, Virginia vs Texas (me, ya, I added this game to my schedule week 1). Anyways, at halftime Young was like 6-20 and 4 out of the 6 passes were screens to my hb. Virginia's qb however was 9-14.

So, catch assist would turn this around, make my offense great, their offense suck? So is there anything that can be done to even this out? I'm playing on Heisman btw with catch and passing sliders maxed out.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:08 PM   #7
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Get the ps2 version. I throw for 55-65% everygame on AA with no slider help.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:55 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunn13
Get the ps2 version. I throw for 55-65% everygame on AA with no slider help.

i also have no trouble with this game...and i'm still having a blast playing it (as Anchorage, it's very difficult). In fact, I think the game tries to help you win, by giving you great transfers for a few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »