Home

My stamp of approval

This is a discussion on My stamp of approval within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2004, 10:46 PM   #1
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
My stamp of approval

I am a teacher, and have been real busy getting the year started so I am a little late getting the newest installment of NCAA. My first game had me horrified, for my impression was that the game had taken a huge backslide. The next day I popped the game in again, played as FSU versus Miami, in Miami, and got to experience the HFA. Started feeling it a little, then started noticing a ton of little enhancements that weren't in last year's game. After more games under my belt, I have to say that I am giving this game my stamp of approval. I like it. A lot!

Quickly have to tell you all about my last game. I took Tennessee into Norman to play OU. My defense played an inspired game holding the vaunted OU offense in check, points wise not yardage, for most of the game. Had a 14-3 lead at half, but by the last half of the 4th, the Sooners had cut the lead to 14-13. I got the ball with about 4 minutes to go, and rediscovered my running game with Houston. I gobbled up most of the time, settling for a FG and the 4 point lead. OU gets the ball with about 1:30 to go. Tense time, pressure is building, and my buddy calls. I am playing while talking to him, playing exclusively prevent, I should have paused the game. They get the ball down to the 11 when I finally realize that I have to get out of that dang prevent. I go to a blitz/man look and stop them cold, until 4th down. I go to the blitz one too many times on that 4th down, Clayton get behind my corner in single coverage, touchdown OU, they win 20-17. I absolutely had a ball playing this game. I was mad at myself for my d-coordinating ineptitude, but oh well. I guess I know now why I am only a teacher, and not a football coach too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 01:23 AM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: My stamp of approval

I traded this game in when I started playing ESPN, after watching the games this weekend, and storys like that, i think im gonna go get it again. I play with the VOLS as well.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:55 AM   #3
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I really like Tennessee's playbook. Has about everything you need. I really like the read running play. It is the stretch , zone blocking scheme that ESPN does well, but isn't in Madden. So many real teams use it nowadays, it is nice NCAA included it.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:29 AM   #4
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

picked it up again. wish this game was a little more colorful, like espn, but oh well, its college football. go vols.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »