Home

EA Says They Would Jump For the Opportunity, To Get Back in The College-Game Business

This is a discussion on EA Says They Would Jump For the Opportunity, To Get Back in The College-Game Business within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #33
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA Says They Would Jump For the Opportunity, To Get Back in The College-Game Busi

My thinking of that it can’t be too much extra work to port what is already being done with Madden to create an NCAA game. The engine is the engine and could be used for both games. From there you would just need a team of developers to create the different aspects of college football: polls, bowls, rankings, recruiting, etc. While the game may not sell as much as Madden, it would definitely be profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-24-2019, 04:47 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Says They Would Jump For the Opportunity, To Get Back in The College-Game Busi

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
My thinking of that it can’t be too much extra work to port what is already being done with Madden to create an NCAA game. The engine is the engine and could be used for both games. From there you would just need a team of developers to create the different aspects of college football: polls, bowls, rankings, recruiting, etc. While the game may not sell as much as Madden, it would definitely be profitable.

Do we even want that though? I don't play Madden, but I'm constantly hearing how horrible it is and watching video evidence of it on YT. If this is the case, it'll be hilarious when the new game finally comes out and everyone's like "ehhh... I'm going back to (insert year)."
Old 10-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Icon6 Re: EA Says They Would Jump For the Opportunity, To Get Back in The College-Game Busi

With recent news that Florida Governor wanting to following suit, NCAA definitely have to get in front of this this.

Yeah while NCAA and Madden shared assets and engines, I don't necessarily want Madden with a NCAA shell over it. It can share graphics and gameplay engine, I just want the college gameplay experience.
Along with Madden, NCAA would need strong AI for game to be feel realistic when playing CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 01:45 PM   #36
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Don’t know if the same developers are still there that were there for the NCAA game. Because if it will be in the hands of the Madden folks...won’t buy it.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Don’t know if the same developers are still there that were there for the NCAA game. Because if it will be in the hands of the Madden folks...won’t buy it.
Ben Haumiller is still there, i think he was ths executive producer for NCAA. Besides him, don't know who carried over
Old 10-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #38
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Ben Haumiller is still there, i think he was ths executive producer for NCAA. Besides him, don't know who carried over
Good to know...my point is NCAA was a very good game..and what I’ve seen from Madden as of late especially this year turns my stomach.
I’ll be keeping an eye on this ..thanks for the encouragement
Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #39
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

My thing as a dynasty/franchise guy is the off the field things that go along with the actual playing of the games. Madden’s franchise mode is too RPGish for me as well as bare bones that I don’t find myself all that immersed in it at all.

With NCAA I feel like as long as recruiting is solid and they have all the bowls, playoffs, coaching carousel and everything else we have come to know and love about the college game then I can make the gameplay work. I mean look at what we are doing with NCAA 14. Is the gameplay perfect? No, far from it in fact. But we have so many dedicated slider creators that we are able to get the most of it. As long as the mode feels immersive off the field, I can get into the game on the field.

Old 10-26-2019, 01:59 AM   #40
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

TBH..I think we Kan expect this game back before we know it. I feel like everyone is going to follow suit like Colorado and make billions..Meaning others states are going to see the real profit and all the while all players get action at getting paid for there Talent... NCAA is going to really jump on board. I feel there are on board they just want some heavy rules to pass dwn with it. And they will jump in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »