Home

Help me pick my 4-team playoff

This is a discussion on Help me pick my 4-team playoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help me pick my 4-team playoff

As it stands, here’s my playoff teams.

***These rankings below are all the games BCS rankings, just need to figure out which one fills the 4th spot.***

Conference champions denoted by *

1. Ohio State (13-0) *
2. Texas (12-0) *
3. Alabama (13-0) *
4. ???

So obviously 1, 2, and 3 are locked in. The question is which team fills the 4th slot. Below are the options.

4. Oklahoma State (11-1)
Their only loss was a 14 point loss to #2 Texas. They rolled everyone else but only had 1 ranked win against #16 OU.

5. Louisville (12-1) *
Their one loss was to 5-7 USF, besides that one slip up they dominated every other opponent, but didn’t beat any ranked opponents.

6. Washington (10-2)
This ones interesting. They have 6 top 25 wins - which is insane. Their two losses are at #7 Oregon by 4, and at #13 UCLA by 4. They beat #11 Boise State, #18 USC, #24 Western Kentucky, #17 Virginia Tech who won the ACC, #20 Oregon State, and #22 Washington State. As far as common opponents go, they beat the two teams that beat Oregon, but they lost in the head to head. They have by far the most impressive top 25 wins out of any team here, although they’re not a conference champ.

7. Oregon (11-2) *
They lost late. Their two losses came in weeks 10 and 12 to #24 Western Kentucky and #20 Oregon State. They have wins over 4 top 25 opponents, #6 Washington, #22 WSU, #21 Arizona, and #18 USC handily.

What y’all think let me know in the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DonJonpin; 10-04-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
Rookie

TomahawkNation's Arena

Re: Help me pick my 4-team playoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin

1. Ohio State (13-0) *
2. Texas (12-0) *
3. Alabama (13-0) *
4. ???

So obviously 1, 2, and 3 are locked in. The question is which team fills the 4th slot. Below are the options.

4. Oklahoma State (11-1)
Their only loss was a 14 point loss to #2 Texas. They rolled everyone else and beat #16 OU bad.

5. Louisville (12-1) *
Their one loss was to 5-7 USF, besides that one slip up they dominated every other opponent, but didn’t beat any ranked opponents.

6. Washington (10-2)
This ones interesting. They have 6 top 25 wins - which is insane. Their two losses are at #7 Oregon by 4, and at #13 UCLA by 4. They beat #11 Boise State, #18 USC, #24 Western Kentucky, #17 Virginia Tech who won the ACC, #20 Oregon State, and #22 Washington State. As far as common opponents go, they beat the two teams that beat Oregon, but they lost in the head to head. They have by far the most impressive top 25 wins out of any team here, although they’re not a conference champ.

7. Oregon (11-2) *
They lost late. Their two losses came in weeks 10 and 12 to #24 Western Kentucky and #20 Oregon State. They have wins over 4 top 25 opponents, #6 Washington, #22 WSU, #21 Arizona, and #18 USC handily.

I think your losses should carry more weight than who you beat. With that said, I would give the #4 spot to Okie St since their only loss was to the #2 team
Old 10-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJonpin

1. Ohio State (13-0) *
2. Texas (12-0) *
3. Alabama (13-0) *
4. ???

4. Oklahoma State (11-1)
Their only loss was a 14 point loss to #2 Texas. They rolled everyone else and beat #16 OU bad.

5. Louisville (12-1) *

6. Washington (10-2)

7. Oregon (11-2) *

I think I got to go with OK State. Louisville seemed to have a very soft schedule and Washington's 2 losses are prohibitive, but I would rank them ahead of Louisville. Oregon is not even in discussion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #4
MVP

I'd take Oregon. Win over Washington and I don't like 2 schools from the same conference in the playoff. Louisville not a major conference school. Must go undefeated and have a good win or two in non-conference to get in playoffs.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #5
Pro

Another vote for the Cowboys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
Pro

I'd go with Oregon. They are a conference champion and beat #6 on your list. Along with other ranked teams. It is close between them and Oklahoma State though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #7
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

OK State for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 PM   #8
Rookie

I assume Louisville is still in the American in your dynasty since Va Tech won the ACC?

Oregon is eliminated for losing late in the season - they are in a bad ruck right now. Especially that they lost to #20 and #24.

Washington is eliminated for having two losses. Their resume is impressive, but I'm making my point down below.

Oklahoma State versus Louisville. Louisville won their conference, but they are a Go5 team that lost to a 5-7 team...while Okie State lost in their (makeshift) CCG to Texas by 14, Texas is #2. A much more impressive loss. Furthermore, OKST rolled through their scheduled and beat a ranked team, which L'Ville didn't do.

Oklahoma State should be 4th. I would like to see a Washington-Louisville matchup though!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »