Home

Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

This is a discussion on Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2021, 01:19 AM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Player Progression System - No Editor Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftythomas
Absolutely. I actually just finished losing back-to-back national championship games yesterday with NC State, so I took a job with my alma Mater, Colorado. They were coming off of a 4-8 season, two star prestige. I knew before taking the job that it would be a good rebuild. Once I took over, I looked at the roster and saw that I had some...decent pieces to work with.

However, this was the worst offseason for regression that I’ve had after 15 seasons. I had two senior starter offensive linemen transfer, and numerous 30-level and 40-level regressions across the board. I think I only had two or three guys with good progression. It is going to be a long, difficult process!

I played my first game against CSU, and squeaked by 14-7. Next, we take on the #4 Cornhuskers. Not looking forward to that one.
If you think about it though that’s pretty realistic. Lot of times when a new coach comes in players leave and some guys don’t fit the new schemes or gel (hence the regression)
Old 03-29-2021, 08:52 PM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG42
If you think about it though that’s pretty realistic. Lot of times when a new coach comes in players leave and some guys don’t fit the new schemes or gel (hence the regression)
That was my goal with this. The games default system is far from realistic and while my system isn’t perfect, it’s much more realistic and adds so parity.

One thing that I like to do is create storylines around regression/progression. I use a Google Slides presentation in conjunction with the Webpage Maker and fill my Google Slides with faux articles, tweets, and message board posts that showcase this.

For example, if a player regresses, I may make a storyline that they were injured in the offseason or were seen partying too much around campus. If a player progresses too much I’ll make a storyline that there were rumors they were staying late in the offseason to life or work on footwork etc. If a QB and RB both progress a lot in the same season, I’ll have a storyline where they often stayed late and worked on routes and timing.

Sometimes I don’t explain it through newsworthy tweets and articles and instead will have a message board post or tweet from a random saying “wtf is going on with Ty Jones?? Looks like he got slower?”

It takes some time but also adds so much immersion and really makes me get to know my roster from top to bottom.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:23 AM   #91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
That was my goal with this. The games default system is far from realistic and while my system isn’t perfect, it’s much more realistic and adds so parity.

One thing that I like to do is create storylines around regression/progression. I use a Google Slides presentation in conjunction with the Webpage Maker and fill my Google Slides with faux articles, tweets, and message board posts that showcase this.

For example, if a player regresses, I may make a storyline that they were injured in the offseason or were seen partying too much around campus. If a player progresses too much I’ll make a storyline that there were rumors they were staying late in the offseason to life or work on footwork etc. If a QB and RB both progress a lot in the same season, I’ll have a storyline where they often stayed late and worked on routes and timing.

Sometimes I don’t explain it through newsworthy tweets and articles and instead will have a message board post or tweet from a random saying “wtf is going on with Ty Jones?? Looks like he got slower?”

It takes some time but also adds so much immersion and really makes me get to know my roster from top to bottom.
I do the same but not to that detail. Props though that’s dedication
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2021, 11:31 PM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG42
I do the same but not to that detail. Props though that’s dedication
It slows everything down but that actually my preference. I get through maybe 1 season in a month now. With a baby at home, I might not get time to play a whole game on a given night, but I can always take 15 minutes to write an article or make some fake tweets.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:48 AM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawkeye
It slows everything down but that actually my preference. I get through maybe 1 season in a month now. With a baby at home, I might not get time to play a whole game on a given night, but I can always take 15 minutes to write an article or make some fake tweets.
I might have to start doing that or something involving my dynasty. I lose interest quick if I’m not viewing it or doing something in it daily so I might even if there’s days like you I can’t play a full game still load up the save practice for 10-15 min, go over recruiting board, edit gear, something just to keep it fresh in my mind. I used to write recaps and stuff but it became something I dreaded doing after every game
Old 09-15-2021, 11:16 AM   #94
Just started!

This is a very cool idea. I implemented your system into my dynasty and there have been few triumphs and a lot of heartbreak, which truly makes it more interesting. Ive had 3 or 4 elite freshman recruits get the dreaded double sixes right out of the gate. Also had more than a few guys roll a 1 or 2 every single season. My current senior SS is a 63 OVR and has a speed rating of 72 due to a very unfortunate series of rolls over the seasons. Anyway, cool idea and thanks for it!
Old 09-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #95
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Been meaning to try this forever. Seems wonderful since I don't use an editor and my time is so short that I don't want to spend much time updating players.

Question, back to your Vandy example. Have you toyed around with tweaking the system, based on something like historical greatness? Not sure how to word that.

So, a school like New Mexico State will unlikely to get as much of player progression as Alabama. Maybe that's covered by having House Rules and/or not wanted, since you eventually want to build a New Mexico State school into a powerhouse?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #96
Rookie

I'm using Kawkeye Dynamic Player Progression in my current dynasty. I've recruit 12 classes and apply the dynamic progression to each one.

First of all, thank you again Kawkeye for this amazing system and the work you put on it.

I've just make 2 adjustments to the system.
One “major” re-roll the 1 and 5 like your 6, for double regression (double 1) or progression (double 5), apply twice the random number 1-49. And another one is a small tweak on Work Ethic/Potential, instead of Low, Average and High, I've 6 levels, Super Low, can't roll 5, Low, can't roll double 5, Average, Average, High, one re-roll, Super High, two re-roll → if I re-roll I must take the new D6/number and not choose between best result (“strategic” choice here).

And now, for the numbers, among 198 players, all recruit by myself :

I roll for 7 transfers, including 3 decommitment (and I had 6 others in-game transfers).

Overall year 1 is 0,35 lesser than Overall at Signing Day

Throughout career :

5 % players end up with a lesser OVR than the one at Signing Day
13,4 % players progress on average lesser than 1,5 point by year
35,5 % players progress on average lesser than 2,5 points by year
27 % players progress on average more than 4 points by year
10 % players progress on average more than 5 points by year

3 players gain 30+ ovr through their career :

1* QB, 61 OVR on Signing day, roll 3 times a progression over '40', end up at 97
3* QB, 65 OVR on Signing day, roll 2 times over '40' and one time '30', end up at 99
2* HB, 61 OVR on Signing day, roll no progress all years except on time mega progression, double '30'

Major Bust :
3* WR, 69 OVR on Signing day, roll double regression (48) and regression (31) in freshman and sophomore year, end up at 64.
2* T, 63 on Signing day, roll a double regression (44) in first year to be a 50 OVR freshman and add two roll for regression after that, end up at 59.
2* MLB, 63 on Signing day, roll 4 times a regression in his 5 year at school, end up 62.

Bust :
4* T, 77 OVR on Signing day, end up 83
3* T, 68 OVR on Signing day, end up 76
3* CB, 69 OVR on Signing day, end up 74

I was very lucky with the QB and it help a lot to my success. If I'm beginning a era with the same misfortune at QB that the one I had at OL and DB, it's gonna be wild but exciting.

The system is to make it a lot unpredictable and it works well. You gonna have some great joy and sadness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »