Home

How EA could save major $$ and Bring NCAA Football back NOW!

This is a discussion on How EA could save major $$ and Bring NCAA Football back NOW! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2020, 04:30 PM   #9
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How EA could save major $$ and Bring NCAA Football back NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Then screw NCAA. Take all the money out of their pocket.

College Football '22.

Pull out a PES like situation. Get a retired College Star, make a mode with them moving through the ranks, etc, this way you can at least have a face to sell the game. Maybe even sign a couple team's worth, so you have the option.

Then build the rest of the game the exact same... with generic names, teams, etc. But give us a full edit suite, etc like PES so we can just important teams and/or rosters. They could even get change up number of teams per division/conference, but make it fully editable.

Nothing NCAA could do. Fans would support it without that many licences, they would be sitting pretty.

The only reason this won't happen is because CUT (College Ultimate Team) wouldn't make them any money. :'(
There are multiple 3rd party games out there. Most people just complain as it is not as polished as NCAA, which is obvious. Either support them, or stop complaining about not having a game.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #10
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsch911
There are multiple 3rd party games out there. Most people just complain as it is not as polished as NCAA, which is obvious. Either support them, or stop complaining about not having a game.
What are the third-party college football games? I know of several that emulate the pro game, but I'm not aware of any that resemble these college football games.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
What are the third-party college football games? I know of several that emulate the pro game, but I'm not aware of any that resemble these college football games.
Doug Flutie Maximum Football 2019 is primarily a college game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #12
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
There are lots of generic games out there...fans don't support them. Why would they support College Football '22 with the Birmingham Bobcats vs. South Bend Travellers?
Lots of generic games? Where?

And that's why I brought up the idea of bringing in a few past college stars to do a mode focused on them.

PES does it yearly. Even the years they lack licenses.

Quote:
Really? Which games? Legitimately asking.

Also, why so salty and telling people what to do? Seems silly.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Maximum football turned into a college football game. That's the only one. Unless you want to do text based simulators.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:47 PM   #14
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Lots of generic games? Where?

And that's why I brought up the idea of bringing in a few past college stars to do a mode focused on them.

PES does it yearly. Even the years they lack licenses.

Really? Which games? Legitimately asking.

Also, why so salty and telling people what to do? Seems silly.
There are many games released, but these same people who beg for a new game complain that the game is not polished enough. Most do now know the amount of money EA dumped into NCAA and Madden and expect an Indie game to be the same. NCAA 14 had 20 years of work put into it. Most of the Indie games have less than 5. When Maximum Football 19 came out people complained and called it trash. Publisher fixed a ton of issues. People expected MF19 to look like NCAA 14 and be AAA game. Then these same players complain that there is not game. Well, stop complaining or support the Indie publishers.

Currently 1 got released in the past year or so, Maximum Football. There was suppose to be another one but it was a scam or just died. MF 19 was made by 3 guys part time and was Ok, some game play issues but it happens, fixed a ton of stuff. They hired a few new Devs and partnered with Unity so 2020 should be a tom better. It had a fun Recruitment process and Was a good Sim dynasty.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #15
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

MF is from a Canadian company so MF had a US college dynasty and some Canadian football features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2020, 09:45 AM   #16
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
There are many games released, but these same people who beg for a new game complain that the game is not polished enough. Most do now know the amount of money EA dumped into NCAA and Madden and expect an Indie game to be the same. NCAA 14 had 20 years of work put into it. Most of the Indie games have less than 5. When Maximum Football 19 came out people complained and called it trash. Publisher fixed a ton of issues. People expected MF19 to look like NCAA 14 and be AAA game. Then these same players complain that there is not game. Well, stop complaining or support the Indie publishers.

Currently 1 got released in the past year or so, Maximum Football. There was suppose to be another one but it was a scam or just died. MF 19 was made by 3 guys part time and was Ok, some game play issues but it happens, fixed a ton of stuff. They hired a few new Devs and partnered with Unity so 2020 should be a tom better. It had a fun Recruitment process and Was a good Sim dynasty.
I had heard about the game but never looked into it. I didn't know it had anything to do with College Football. I heard the rosters weren't shareable, so I didn't really give it a thought. Maybe I'll look into the upcoming 2020 version.

When I was looking into after this post, I'll hold out hope for a PC version. I prefer console for sports games, but only if they are like, say Pro Evolution Soccer, where I can thank someone for their hard work and play a roster file. I actually wouldn't mine helping with rosters, but I cant do logos. I just can't. I tried in Super Mega Baseball 2, which I bought on PS4 and just... no. So this year, I bought it on PC and it's so nice to be able to simply mod the MLB teams into the game.

Looking at gameplay, it seems like a decent starting point. If they can fix some of the obvious bugs and clean up some animations, it will be a lot better. Also the presentation is really bad (text, fonts, etc) so hopefully that changes. But it seems like a decent base for a small team. NCAA 14 is the best football I've played from a fun standpoint. I'm not a huge fan of Madden 20 gameplay, but it's alright. Excited to see where this project can go.

Last edited by natey2k4; 06-11-2020 at 09:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »