Home

FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

This is a discussion on FIFA 15: Career Mode Details within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15: Career Mode Details

Some of my thoughts on the Fifa 15 career mode beta. Bare in mind this is not the final build and some of these things have reportedly been fixed. I played a full season so if you have any questions shoot and I'll answer them if I can.

Shooting - Sometimes it seems a bit balloon like if that makes sense. The threshold on the power bar seems to be set lower than Fifa 14 which makes the ball balloon over the bar more. Especially if you shoot on the run or with a players weaker foot, it's much harder to hit the target.

Passing - Not a huge difference I feel but I don't think change was needed. Players seem to make much better runs this year which is great and that in turn opens up the opportunity to slice defenses open with great passes.
One thing I don't like is I could rifle a pass straight at an opposition player from 2 yards and he will control it everytime without any trouble which is unrealistic.

Tackling - Much better than last years game! I don't know how many great tackles I made in Fifa 14 only for the ref to give a foul, penalty or red card against me, very frustrating. I made some crunching tackles in the beta where I won the ball and sometimes injured their player but thankfully I went unpunished.

Defender's Pace - Seems to have been improved upon where if you break clean through with someone like Aguero Hangeland isn't turning into Usain Bolt and catching you to intercept the ball.

Throw ins - Has been improved upon and it's nice that you can control the ball receiver to try to get him into a better position but there are still instances where I'll throw the ball at him and it will bounce off his face or the ball will sail straight past him.

Goalkeepers - Sometimes unbeatable then other times horrific! Usually on crosses or corners they are error prone where they will get out jumped for the ball or they may just charge out and not jump allowing a free header at goal for the opposition player. At times I have ran at them with the ball where they charge out at me and I walk past them without them attempting to dive at my feet or block me allowing an easy goal.

Weather - Snow and rain seems a tad unrealistic. If there was that much water splashing up or if there was that much snow on the pitch in a real game then the game would have been abandoned. It just needs to be toned down a bit. It also seems to play better than last year. Playing in the snow in Fifa 14 was like playing on an ice rink but this year it doesn't seem to be as bad although I've only had one match in the snow.

Graphics - Amazing! I Wouldn't have said there was a big difference at first but I went back and played Fifa 14 today and the difference is huge. Players faces, the stadiums, shirts getting dirty etc, some vast improvements that make the game feel more realistic. The crowd look great as well and the chants are very good but even more chants for specific clubs (or even specific players) would be something else that could be improved upon.

Presentation - Very nice, especially the pre-match screens with the line ups etc. There is however other small things that can be improved upon. Things like pretty much the same animation/celebrations as previous games when you win a cup/league in career mode also I do wish we had more options with regards to commentators, although there is some new material this year Tyler and Smith still come up with the same repetitive lines and during a career mode this can become tedious. A new duo for next year along with or to replace Tyler and Smith would be great.

Offsides - Seems to be better than last year but still room for improvements. EA trying to make the game as realistic as possible but are still missing that human element. Linesmen and refs make mistakes! It would be good for the game and opens up more talking points for the commentators. Goals given when the player was offside, soft penalties given through diving or other means. It doesn't have to happen in every game but to be thrown in there now and again would give something fresh and new.

Time Wasting - If I'm 1-0 down with 10 minutes to go and the ball goes out for a thrown in, I want my player to get the ball in his hands then back into play ASAP. I don't want him messing around with the ball, taking an age to actually take the throw in or waiting for ages until another player kicks another ball off the pitch before I can take it. I should be able to run over, pick up the ball and throw it immediately!

Misc - Lots of small details that make the game better. The goals shaking when the ball hits the woodwork, shirt tugging, Players arguing with each other, all the Premier league stadiums look great, pitch wear and tear and much more. I have probably forgotten a few things I wanted to cover but all in all this is a great game and I can't wait to buy the full version. Playing Fifa 14 just doesn't feel the same anymore after having a teaser of this version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #42
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Well that is good to know. I've always just ignored those players and not signed them.
Yeah dude, those are 15 year olds, They grow in your youth club until they turn 18 or you call them up. I have a stud American CM who was 5'5" at 15 then grew to 6'0" at 16 and when i called him up he was 6'1"

And on a side for my feelings of the new features, While I am excited for the new career mode features, I was hoping to be able to use the mini games to help improve players individual stats.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #43
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

The only thing about career mode that was slightly annoying that I hope they fix is have more realistic transfers. No way Benzema goes to Napoli or Cavani and suarez switch teams every other year
Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister26
Some of my thoughts on the Fifa 15 career mode beta. Bare in mind this is not the final build and some of these things have reportedly been fixed. I played a full season so if you have any questions shoot and I'll answer them if I can.
OK man I got a question for you. How "realistic" are transfers this year? IE Real Madrid signing every top striker. Or Benzema being sold in every first transfer window. I also had one career where Man City bought the greatest set of midfielders and had Mesut Ozil sitting on the bench!!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:09 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

One small thing I wish they could implement is the ability to start a career mode on the current date. When I start my career with Liverpool, it'd be nice to pick up with the current league table. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
One small thing I wish they could implement is the ability to start a career mode on the current date. When I start my career with Liverpool, it'd be nice to pick up with the current league table. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice touch.
Or better yet release the game before the start of the EPL! That way we'd all be playing it right now!

Has there been any word on international teams added? I'd like to see Canada in the game, since the game is made in this country and all can't fathom why they aren't there.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #47
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

I hope they have tweeked the management job function. I feel that fifa 12 had it right and they dropped the ball on the last 2.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #48
Rookie

Does anyone know if they made tweaks to player career mode? I know it's not a very popular game mode but I still enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »