Home

Hope I pick the right game

This is a discussion on Hope I pick the right game within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Hope I pick the right game

I returned to soccer gaming for the 2013 series...

2013 - picked PES after enjoying the demo. I had not followed professional soccer so the teams and players didn't matter...the game just felt better

2014 - picked Fifa after feedback about a slower pace which i enjoy. I loved the licenses, new more of the players and fell in love with the offline league.

2015 - returned to PES after hearing fifa's game seemed to be built faster with focus on online play. The fluidity on the field as always seemed better with PES but i could never get attached to this version and struggled with masterleague limitations and lack of teams

2016 - I have no idea what to do. A few weeks ago i figured Fifa was a lock and i'm still leaning that way. It may come down to how much masterleague has improved and how good the Fifa demo feels.

I assume most people in this forum are picking Fifa...are there any concerns you might pick the wrong title?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Rookie

TheAwesomeGem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hope I pick the right game

Basically, it depends if you are going to play online of offline. If it's online, you would want to rather play FUT in FIFA 16 than play MyClub in PES 2016. MyClub always had issues with lag and the whole game mode feels pretty bare. Since Master League is PES 2016 top priority, you should not expect much changes.

If you are going to play offline, then I definitely recommend you getting PES 2016. The master league will have a revamp and the CPU A.I is more dynamic and less static like FIFA 16 and probably the biggest thing is there is player individuality both when CPU plays and you play. You will feel every game is different and they have team styles and individuality too where some teams play possession, whilst other plays quick counter, defensive or long balls and tactics can be adjusted and will actually affect both the CPU and the player unlike FIFA. If you want to play more offline and choose FIFA 16, you will be bored in few months because all teams will play the same football and without any player individuality, all matches will be similar.

Last edited by TheAwesomeGem; 08-22-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

For the OP I feel your pain. I too was set to go with PES this year. I was looking forward to the way the teams play differently. The PES demo also shows how the game play is so dynamic and specific to each team. You feel like you have to think and you are really playing a game of soccer. I was set.

Then, I saw FIFA 16 presentation, graphics, real licenses and the improvements such as showing you what you can do in each situation. The immersion in FIFA is light years ahead of PES. PES graphics are still far behind FIFA's. Also, while teams basically play the same, I have heard that there is some slight difference. That was it, I am sold. FIFA 16 this year.

I have always been puzzled at how the two companies seem to avoid precisely what would put their series over the top. It's actually quite stunning. PES works hard to avoid the graphical polish and presentation upgrade that would put the game in the same class, graphically, as FIFA. FIFA works even harder to ensure that there is no difference between teams. If FIFA put in team AI and differences, they would crush PES. If PES upgraded its presentation and graphics and polish, they would obliterate FIFA.

Oh well. FIFA 16 this year for me. May God have mercy on my soul. LOL!
Old 08-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGem
Basically, it depends if you are going to play online of offline. If it's online, you would want to rather play FUT in FIFA 16 than play MyClub in PES 2016. MyClub always had issues with lag and the whole game mode feels pretty bare. Since Master League is PES 2016 top priority, you should not expect much changes.

If you are going to play offline, then I definitely recommend you getting PES 2016. The master league will have a revamp and the CPU A.I is more dynamic and less static like FIFA 16 and probably the biggest thing is there is player individuality both when CPU plays and you play. You will feel every game is different and they have team styles and individuality too where some teams play possession, whilst other plays quick counter, defensive or long balls and tactics can be adjusted and will actually affect both the CPU and the player unlike FIFA. If you want to play more offline and choose FIFA 16, you will be bored in few months because all teams will play the same football and without any player individuality, all matches will be similar.
Where is your basis of any of this coming from?

Can we even get close to recommending either game yet? We should all know that the demo of either game never truly reflect what the full game will be.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

You could just do what I am doing and get both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #6
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Imo, if you have the money, I would get both. Sadly, it is the only real way to ensure you get the best product year after year, to keep sales up and to keep them competing.

Im a rather large soccer fan, so I need both to have a complete experience, but understand if you dont want to buy both because you are not a big soccer fan or do not have the expendable income for an extra game.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #7

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'd probably lean towards getting just FIFA, if it's one or the other. I just get the sense that the gameplay difference between FIFA 16 and 15 is going to be worthwhile.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #8
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Get both, if you're able to. I may or may not have played FIFA 16 Demo (am I able to admit to that) and the game play in 16 is pretty good this year I'd say. Coming from someone who hated 15 because the gameplay I thought was lacking compared to PES. I would not recommend playing FUT online. The gameplay is so arcadey it's a joke IMO. I also would not say PES graphics are that far behind FIFA's. FIFA definitely beats them in atmosphere, license, etc, but the graphics on PES are getting really good, and IMO the player models have always been better in PES than FIFA. Even real life players in FIFA that I know for a fact had a facescan in the game don't look as realistic as Konami does player models and face scans.

Also, coming from someone who played quite a bit of myClub last year, I highly recommend it. Thanks to no transfer market like FUT, you see a wide range of teams, players etc, and the cheese factor is mitigated thanks to that. I also feel like the time and money spent in myClub was rewarded much better than FUT ever has rewarded me for my time and real monetary investment.

Someone mentioned that PES focused on Master League and we shouldn't expect many changes there from Konami...which seems kind of an ironic statement, but I believe they reworked Master League and we'll see it much better than ever. If you like offline play, Master League in the past, despite some short falls, has always been really fun. To be fair, Career Mode in FIFA looks pretty top notch this year as well, as long as they can fix the youth clubs issues they had last year.

Bottom line, can't go wrong with either game. I'm getting both as I know I'll play both equally as much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »