Home

Thoughts on the Game

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the Game within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thoughts on the Game

I have been playing FIFA 18 for 10 days now, and have really given it a chance pre and post patch.Â* I have tried to be patient, because I know games have bugs, but this is ridiculous.Â* The amount of bugs and errors on this release is just not sitting well with me, and has taken the fun out of one of my favorite games.Â* Please read if you have some time and comment on your experiences with the issues I am having.
Career mode is broken. I've tried playing and simming through career mode several times with several different teams. Transfers are broken. Yes, it is easy to sign players, but not sale?
Why can we not offer and player and fee for a transfer, just one or the other? Unless the team comes back with a player/cash fee themselves.
I can not sale players. I received 35 offers my first season with ManCity and 27 with Liverpool, and only one player left from either one. I accept every transfer/loan and it is always rejected by the player an no one leaves.* This is so frustrating.
I have shortlisted players who just signed with a team. It will be stated that player will not move again and I can not make an offer, then 2 days later on the calendar, I can all of the sudden make an offer.
Signing a loaned player happens!! I made an offer on a player who is currently loaned at a club for the whole season, negotiate with him, then he is on my roster. How can I* sign a player that is loaned to another team already?
General Gameplay - This has really bothered my while playing my career seasons. The game is so unrealistic now.* I enjoyed FIFA 17, and it seemed a lot more "actual football" than FIFA 18 does.
Even with the patch, the goalkeepers are horrible.* I am making shots from 35-40 yards out 2-3 times a game with the likes of Fernandinho and Diaz (67 overall).* I'm also scoring goals from outside the side of the box, probably 20-25 yards out with my FB's from both sides. And guys like Aguero have all of the sudden become amazing at out jumping taller defenders for amazing headers.* On my ManCity save Aguero now has a 6 foot vertical! LOL
Shooting has become unrealistic. I will score many times a game with my strikers back to the net.* I just push shoot button, and he blasts a shot into the corner out of* nowhere.* It feels so off.* I do not have to setup for a shot. Just push shoot as soon as I am ready to shoot, and I feel it has a 80% chance of going in, as the keeper* isn't even close when diving.* He dives after the ball is in the net so much.
I do like the challenge of the defending now.* But the score lines are crazy.* Each game I play and not sim ends up 7-5, 6-3 or so.* I've adjusted difficulty, and it is still the same.*
The ping ping passing is killing the game.* I can press the pass button 10 times in a row really quickly, and no pass ever gets broken up or intercepted.* I pass though defenders, and my guys always outrun the opponent. Through balls are never intercepted either.* And the computer has mastered ping pong passing also. And it's so fast!!
Overall the game is so unrealistic now it feels. Everything is so fast and there is no need for buildup of an attack. Just pass it forward as fast as you can and run.
Goalkeepers dive after the shot is in the net at least half of the time.
I know these can be annoying little things to some, but I feel the game is broken and has become a shadow of itself and is too arcade like. It has not been fun to play as I am a fan of the career mode and playing as close to the real game as possible.* I know it will never be perfect, but I feel this years title is a huge step back. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Thoughts on the Game

Personally, I'm loving 18 so far.

I think you use the word 'broken' inappropriately and too often. And some things, like game speed, pass accuracy, etc you have some control over using custom tactics, sliders, and settings. I know it may be a hassle to edit team sheets for all/many of the CPU teams but you only have to do it once. FIFA sliders are super easy to adjust since there are only a handful.

No offense, but your post comes off like you want the game to be custom tailored to you right out of the box and you just aren't going to get that.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the Game

I'm not seeing all the things mentioned in the OP related to gameplay...

1. Goalkeepers make plenty of saves and are not really totally useless.
2. I haven't been able to score off too many shots from a distance from outside the box. It doesn't seem automatic to me.
3. Passing doesn't feel automatic either. Yesterday I played as Real Madrid against Barcelona and had a 74% pass completion. Most of the times pass completion ranges from late 70s to 90% but I do play with top tier teams such as Real Madrid so it's to be expected.
4. Through balls are not automatic and quite a few are intercepted or covered by the AI defenders.
5. So far I've seen AI to be quite good and it's not as if I can simply run/pass ball on to the opponent's penalty box without a thought. In fact I actually find myself at a loss on how to beat a defender and get into a goal scoring position forcing me to learn some dribbling/skill moves.

Maybe I'm crap at the game but so far I'm enjoying it as the game's challenging and fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »